Tales of Graces

Schwaltzvald

Namco, for some reason or other, has been hemorraging money for a long time. Despite their games being successful, they reported something to the tune of over $300 million in losses last year.

You may not know this, but a good 50% of the games Namco makes NEVER make it across the pond. This includes roughly 60% of all the Tales games.

Also, I believe Bamco sucks balls at advertising, especially when it comes to the Tales series. Even Tales of Symphonia wasn't advertised that well, and it was definitely the most advertised one I remember.

The only way I could see the Tales series surviving is if for some strange reason Atlus or some other company decides to pick up the brand and actually port and advertise.

... So no one has heard of the issues with how unbelievably glitchy Graces is? The same site posted above, Sankaku Complex, already pointed out the numerous problems with the game, totalling in a recall of all units for a disc swap at a later date. (Links again NSFW, same site as above.)

Now that's hardly enough to bankrupt Tales Studios on its own, but you add in hiring a famous manga artist to design the characters for every game, Sakuraba (who, despite the (somewhat deserved) hate he's getting ITT, cannot be cheap), and... hell, I dunno what else might cause it. Did the Tales crossover games suck? Did Tales of VS cost a ton and not sell?

I wonder how many made up words that are homonyms of actual, normal words Grace will use in its story

Ha, so true. However, I think it helps a little with making the world more immersive. It does get a little ridiculous with everyone running around saying "fon" this and "aer" that, though.

And though Graces WAS glitchy, at least Namco had the good sense to fix it and do a trade-in.

FYI, Symphonia got lots of advertising because Nintendo ported it stateside. If only they'd do the same for Graces...

So Tales studios will die, the american RPG marked is dissing JRPG's for it's innovation and american gamers in overall prefer silent protagonists like in Oblivion and Fallout with first person gameplay.. If this continues, I guess I'll drop off the next generation of gaming.

J-RPG's are dying.. and I hate it lol