Windows in Mac

Musiccat

If you have a Mac with an Intel processor, it might be better to dual boot. I did it (it's fairly easy) and it's been working great. Parallel booting uses a TON of CPU and RAM so a lot of programs will lock up/not run unless you have a really powerful setup.

To dual boot, its best to have a good amount of space (30+ GB) left on your hard drive for Windows and all the programs/files you want to have. Dual booting basically splits (i.e. partitions) the hard drive into two separate drives, allowing you to (virtually) have two different computers (one Mac OS X, one Windows) in one machine.

EDIT- It might also be a driver issue. I can't get the microphone to work on the Windows side of my machine and I have the newest drivers from Apple.

i can't get the microphone to work on the windows side of my machine and i have the newest drivers from apple.
...windows machine...newest drivers from APPLE

There's your problem buddy! :lol:

Seriously you may as well get your self a cheap hp laptop and save your self the trouble as well as time.

Not to mention I hate Apple products for a variety of reasons

Try to be helpful.

Alright alright, though I'm surprised he's having problems with it in the first place considering current Windows OS platforms don't usually have such issues with recognizing mics via plug-n-play.

What kind of mic set up you using anyways Cerrax? Is it just for Mac use or is it just any regular mic? On windows go to the Control Panel > Sound and audio Devices. From there click on the "audio" tab and you should be able to set your mic as the Sound recorder.

Should work right afterwards. If it's application-side what are you using for the mic?

For future reference I'd recommend you get the mic/headset variety as you can then set it both as the sound default playback as well as sound recorder as well.

This may also apply to Musicat as well. If you're using Windows MSN Live just make sure you have your mic set up as sound recorder. I again recommend you get a mic/headset.

Alright alright, though I'm surprised he's having problems with it in the first place considering current Windows OS platforms don't usually have such issues with recognizing mics via plug-n-play.

What kind of mic set up you using anyways Cerrax? Is it just for Mac use or is it just any regular mic? On windows go to the Control Panel > Sound and audio Devices. From there click on the "audio" tab and you should be able to set your mic as the Sound recorder.

Should work right afterwards. If it's application-side what are you using for the mic?

For future reference I'd recommend you get the mic/headset variety as you can then set it both as the sound default playback as well as sound recorder as well.

This may also apply to Musicat as well. If you're using Windows MSN Live just make sure you have your mic set up as sound recorder. I again recommend you get a mic/headset.

Its a built-in mic and the OS recognizes it, but when I test it out, it doesn't register any sound. I haven't really fiddled around with it because I never really use my built-in mic, but it's only real hardware problem I've had besides the keyboard backlight acting up.

If you have a Mac with an Intel processor, it might be better to dual boot. I did it (it's fairly easy) and it's been working great. Parallel booting uses a TON of CPU and RAM so a lot of programs will lock up/not run unless you have a really powerful setup.

To dual boot, its best to have a good amount of space (30+ GB) left on your hard drive for Windows and all the programs/files you want to have. Dual booting basically splits (i.e. partitions) the hard drive into two separate drives, allowing you to (virtually) have two different computers (one Mac OS X, one Windows) in one machine.

EDIT- It might also be a driver issue. I can't get the microphone to work on the Windows side of my machine and I have the newest drivers from Apple.

Hes probably right, its most likely a driver issue. I doubt mac has drives for a windows OS. best bet is to get a headset and do it up, since its a mac mic, it has no drivers for windows :P

I said it was the problem, but DS didn't like my answer :puppyeyes:

Just as I have said before and Halt just now, get a real mic headset.

The Windows OS will pick it up so no worry about drivers. However do look back at my earlier post about the sound settings just in case.

edit: Real men don't need backlight in their keyboards they use a lantern, flashlight in the teeth gritting hard, or the basic desk lap to light their keyboards

edit: Real men don't need backlight in their keyboards they use a lantern, flashlight in the teeth gritting hard, or the basic desk lap to light their keyboards

That's the problem. I don't want the backlight on and the OS automatically turns it on. If I use the buttons to lower the backlight, it still won't trun off when it's set to 0. It's very very faint, but it won't completely turn off :/

That's the problem. I don't want the backlight on and the OS automatically turns it on. If I use the buttons to lower the backlight, it still won't turn off when it's set to 0. It's very very faint, but it won't completely turn off :/

Ah, then I can't help you there as I've never bought a keyboard or laptop with the kb having a backlight to it...

Did you get a mic & headset?

The internal microphone for a Mac is recognized by Windows as a USB mic, so it shouldn't be an issue. Parallels usually has the tools that'll help enable mics/trackpads/etc.

You installed the Parallels control center right?

Also, you could try installing the drivers from the Snow Leopard CD from boot camp, maybe that'll help. Yes, Windows drivers do exist for all of this stuff, but because you're in a virtualized environment you often don't need them.