Final Fantasy XIII

AJ-enova

if it were me i'd totally hold them to it because its not like delays happen for every square game ever

Yea I know. I guess they were so annoyed at all the hate they received for all the delays that they decided to make it up to the fans by releasing another one quickly. But then again, I'd rather see more versus xiii. Wikipedia says it has been in production since as early as 2003.

Thing is, Final Fantasy is no longer the last hope at commercial success of Squaresoft it once was.

It's now the emblematic bulldozer franchise emcompassing Squaresoft and Enix's universe and teams.

Though they did a clever thing: instead of making 'Final Dragon Fantasy Quest', they took a smaller licence more fitting of the whole

StarWars direction they were trying to take.

If I say: Enix futuristic Sci-Fi-fantasy love-story with free roaming monsters and action RPG type combat, you can't help but think Star Ocean

(especially the recent ones).

And that's pretty noticeable in this last FF. Heck, it's alsmost like it was Enix that absorbed Square in the first place. :lol:

So next, be prepared to see a fusion of the Seiken Densetsu (Secret of) serie with the Gaia Gensouki / Soulblader / Terranigma! ...that would rock actually.

But in the meantime, I think we'll all relax and enjoy some Final Ocean Wars: The Last Hope of the Fantasy - episode XIII. ;)

Thing is, Final Fantasy is no longer the last hope at commercial success of Squaresoft it once was.

It's now the emblematic bulldozer franchise emcompassing Squaresoft and Enix's universe and teams.

Though they did a clever thing: instead of making 'Final Dragon Fantasy Quest', they took a smaller licence more fitting of the whole

StarWars direction they were trying to take.

If I say: Enix futuristic Sci-Fi-fantasy love-story with free roaming monsters and action RPG type combat, you can't help but think Star Ocean

(especially the recent ones).

And that's pretty noticeable in this last FF. Heck, it's alsmost like it was Enix that absorbed Square in the first place. :lol:

So next, be prepared to see a fusion of the Seiken Densetsu (Secret of) serie with the Gaia Gensouki / Soulblader / Terranigma! ...that would rock actually.

But in the meantime, I think we'll all relax and enjoy some Final Ocean Wars: The Last Hope of the Fantasy - episode XIII. ;)

If it wasn't for the fact that FFXIII is still turn based gameplay, I'd agree about Enix changing the franchise. I am kind of glad that its free roaming enemies rather than random battles (which I know is supposed to be how FF does it). I'm just tired of having the crap startled out of me everytime I have a fight lol

'Final Ocean Wars: The Last Hope of the Fantasy - episode XIII'....Epic Dude!

With all the things I've seen about this game, I'm getting very skeptic about the final product. I've always hated the full hp after every battle. I've never liked the guy who did the game. And all the fanboys going crazy about how FF13 had to be scaled down in order to fulfill the contract that required both versions had to be identical is getting to me. Aparently there are 10+ completed levels in the game that had to be cut for whatever reason. I kind of believe all the ps3 fanboys that blame the 360 for a downgraded version.

But anyway, since I'm not nearly as excited as I could be, I'm going to do the smart thing and wait. I can tell that there will be an inconceivable about of people that wont like the game and the resalers (Amazon in particular) will be flooded with used games very quickly and they will have to reduce the price. I'm betting we will see it for $30used within a month of release.

Whoa, cool! Gamestop has it for $35. Gonna order it from Amazon for sure.

Edit: Looks like they've sold out because I can't find the Collector's Edition at all.

Wow, that sucks man. At least I was able to get a Collector's Edition by preorder...

... That bad part is, I'll be paying through the ass for it... :banghead:

Whoa, cool! Gamestop has it for $35. Gonna order it from Amazon for sure.

Edit: Looks like they've sold out because I can't find the Collector's Edition at all.

they did, i checked right after my post. they'll come back in relatively soon, though.

brandon, there's two reasons to want a strat guide. one, is that it takes a little while for all the hidden gems to show up online - for those of us playing the game more than once to get the achievements (like you will, mr. 55k), you don't want to miss anything the first or second time around. second, it's a COLLECTORS edition, numbskull :<