Final Fantasy XIII

AJ-enova

After listening to the soundtrack that Hamauzu has put together for this game, I can honestly say for me, it's one of the best soundtracks in videogame history, and definitely puts Hamauzu on the highest pedestal possible for me, as a composer.

There's something about it that just does it for me, and his technique is so refined.

Regardless, i'm pumped for next week! Can't wait to play!

After listening to the soundtrack that Hamauzu has put together for this game, I can honestly say for me, it's one of the best soundtracks in videogame history, and definitely puts Hamauzu on the highest pedestal possible for me, as a composer.

There's something about it that just does it for me, and his technique is so refined.

Regardless, i'm pumped for next week! Can't wait to play!

speaking on that anyone who thinks the leona lewis song doesn't fit go watch the trailer it totally does

sorry its not some random ass thing like it always is there'll be plenty of that ingame i promise

Nah, in my opinon it's good but not fantastic at all. Maybe with time.

Personal opinion aside, I'm gonna enjoy playing this on my XBOX 360. Yeah, you heard me.

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is actually true or not, but I've been hearing about a certain problem with the 360 version(other than bad encoding, and taking in-game PS3 footage and just turning it into an AVI movie for the 360 version) while cruising through the aether.

Apparently, there's musings about a disc crash on disc 3. Anyone know anything about this supposed problem? I'll be searching for it now, but post away.

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is actually true or not, but I've been hearing about a certain problem with the 360 version(other than bad encoding, and taking in-game PS3 footage and just turning it into an AVI movie for the 360 version) while cruising through the aether.

Apparently, there's musings about a disc crash on disc 3. Anyone know anything about this supposed problem? I'll be searching for it now, but post away.

Never heard of it. The issue is the resolution and the pre-rendered video compression. That's it afaik. FPS is better at 360 even.

Never heard of it. The issue is the resolution and the pre-rendered video compression. That's it afaik. FPS is better at 360 even.

Yeah, I just saw some more comparison vids, and the frame rate is noticeably smoother on the 360 version. Guess being the underpowered version has its benefits.

Also I read that the disc error is apparently just associated with the pre-release code given to reviewers and such. Retail copies won't have this problem. False alarm, sorry people.

Happy gaming to all on March 9th then.

For more in-depth impressions of the differences on cutscenes, Jeremy Parish from 1up.com has a pretty good blog entry about it.

Doesn't seem to affect the game overall really and the two games are still largely the same.

Eh, read a proper comparison if you care instead: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-face-off?page=1

He's nitpicky but at least it's all correct.

Wasn't a huge fan of XII so I have low expectations for XIII. Many of these early reviews are getting caught up on how linear the game is but I personally couldn't give a stuff about that. I can't remember a single open world game that had a storyline I could remember. What I am worried about though is the battle mechanic, I didn't like it in XII so I don't have high hopes here. Though I'd have to admit, part of the reason I didn't like XII was because the storyline didn't catch me and I didn't enjoy the music (not that Sakimoto hasn't done an awesome job in other games). If those were better I would've put up with the battle mechanic and seeing as XIII's story seems more epic and the music a lot better, hopefully I'll be happy.

I'll still get it on the first day, just hope it's money well spent.

the disc crash is related to anydvd-style corruption on the leaked copy available through torrents, last time i checked bitgamer. it got nuked within a few hours of coming out, but people still downloaded it, loaded it up, and got pissed when it didn't work. which is epic lulz if you think about it =)

i'm definitely getting this for the PS3. i thought about 360 for a while, but with the news about the general pixel rate of the gameplay (576p for 360, 720p for PS3) and the cutscenes (blink-compressed 720p for 360, 1080p for PS3) is alone enough to make me want the PS3 version, not to mention that i just need to play this game on a sony system.

edit: dunnowhathuh, the battle mechanic is totally changed from what it was in FFXII. not even close. so don't worry about it - most reviews list it as a high point in the game, not a problem area.

Eh, read a proper comparison if you care instead: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-face-off?page=1

He's nitpicky but at least it's all correct.

did anyone actually watch the video at the bottom

in both smallscreen and fullscreen the difference is nigh unidentifiable and while i'm no expert i've generally got a good eye for these things

i see nothing to worry about here people are making it sound like the x360 version looks like a micheal's corner drawing