Final Fantasy XIII

AJ-enova

So what do you all think of the OST? It's a marked inprovement from XII that's for sure. Still disappointed in the lack of "themes" in the music but it trys real hard in some. But for what it is I think it's really amazing (I'll even by-pass my sadness for missing iconic themes)

I'm a few hours in and it seems I've only just finished the intro. So far I'm totally loving it.

The characters are really awesome. I especially like how Snow and Lightning hate each other's guts and I can completely see both of their sides to the issue. Can't wait to see more of the game.

Between this, Edgeworth and Mega Man 10, it seems March 2010 is packed with ridiculously awesome games for me :-o

EDIT:

So what do you all think of the OST? It's a marked inprovement from XII that's for sure. Still disappointed in the lack of "themes" in the music but it trys real hard in some. But for what it is I think it's really amazing (I'll even by-pass my sadness for missing iconic themes)

I haven't heard that much of it, but so far I completely agree with you.

I also agree so far.

The battle theme sounds quite good, but I'm still only a few hours in and the battles are all too short to actually hear the theme properly.

Did anyone else feel the score for the cut scenes seemed a little too dramatic too soon in some of the early parts? I just got to the part where you meet Sera and the score sounded like it should at the end of a movie or game when you already are really invested in the characters.

there's a definite departure from older FF OSTs in this one, but i think it's tied to the fact that you're not in an area long enough to really get a strong melody out of it. it's more a film score - thirty seconds to make a point - than a game score - loop foy lyfe - as far as i can see.

he's not black wakka, he's just tan wakka =) he IS a polynesian, after all.

there's a definite departure from older FF OSTs in this one, but i think it's tied to the fact that you're not in an area long enough to really get a strong melody out of it. it's more a film score - thirty seconds to make a point - than a game score - loop foy lyfe - as far as i can see.

he's not black wakka, he's just tan wakka =) he IS a polynesian, after all.

I refuse to acknowledge any Wakka-imitations if they aren't voice by Joe DiMaggio :banghead:

Alright, I'm pissed about something. First major complaint of the game.

I'm 8 hours in, and already on disc 2.

No, this isn't a beef with disc swapping. Disc swapping actually makes me feel like a game is so epic and long it needs the space. No, this is a problem with the game's length. I'm not entirely sure what happened in the console generation upgrade, but when a game like FFXII can have over 60 hours of main quest gameplay on one disc, while next gen stuff like Lost Odyssey and now Final Fantasy XIII can only do a fraction of that? There's gotta be something very wrong going on.

Disappointment...

No, this isn't a beef with disc swapping. Disc swapping actually makes me feel like a game is so epic and long it needs the space. No, this is a problem with the game's length. I'm not entirely sure what happened in the console generation upgrade, but when a game like FFXII can have over 60 hours of main quest gameplay on one disc, while next gen stuff like Lost Odyssey and now Final Fantasy XIII can only do a fraction of that? There's gotta be something very wrong going on.

Disappointment...

Finish the game, then you'll be fully justified in complaining about the length as you've actually experienced it.

I know he meant John DiMaggio but some how I'm not bothered by him not voicing tan-Wakka. :lol:

I know, its just fun to tease AnSo. :)

And yeah, FMVs always take up more disk space. FFVII had the same issues with incongruent gameplay between disks. Remember how the 1st disk gave you like 30 hours of gameplay, then the 2nd disk gave you like 8?

I wouldn't worry about it. It's a curiosity at best.

dude, with paradigm shifts, you practically control everyone anyway

you just don't get to decide exactly what moves they use

Yeah, the combat is so fast anyways that if you did control all three people and picked out exactly what they should do, you'd be dead. Heck, I even tried to play without the autobattle for awhile and it made things much more difficult. Autobattle works just fine. You should be worrying about when to shift your paradigms, not what specifics the characters are doing.

Also WOOHOOOOO no more MP I can cast all the cure and fire I want, and hooray for healing after battles. AWESOME.

Kinda like Persona 3 in this regard...

oh shit...

well at least your teammates don't have a stock of SP to waste on type debuffs that you can't take advantage of because you smash the enemy immediately after the debuff is cast

so yeah, debuff away in FFXIII

Yeah I just got there, I am really liking the battle system.

And the Shiva sisters kicked my butt a lot too.

Shiva!? Odin will end you in less than 10 seconds.

I will say that what the game sets out to do in terms of story and combat, it does it well above a lot of other stuff. There were moments when my hairs were tingling. TINGLING.

Despite my earlier qualms, this game still continues to impress. Also, linear switch to off at a certain point, though not by much.

well at least your teammates don't have a stock of SP to waste on type debuffs that you can't take advantage of because you smash the enemy immediately after the debuff is cast

so yeah, debuff away in FFXIII

I'm actually more concerned about the following happening every once in a good while. If it doesn't then good. :lol:

9abff70b994eb9ea48558cd.jpg

Disappointment...

as an addon to this question, does anyone know how long its actually supposed to be? roughly speaking

i'm not too concerned that its gonna go by too fast or anything but i am curious

does anyone know how long its actually supposed to be? roughly speaking

Traditionally Final Fantasy games (and most other RPGs) have most of their FMV around the opening and ending of the game. So I'd expect disc 2 to be quite a bit longer than disc 1. I dunno yet though, I'm like five hours in.