Hey, it's been a while! (Album release + Remix Proposal)

Navi

So, I checked the rules for WIP:O and discovered that posted remixers can have one thread a month in Community Discussion. Last I checked, I was a posted remixer, but please inform me if this thread needs to be moved somewhere else...

What's up, OCR? It has been a VERY long time since I last posted on these forums, but I'm back again (to someone's chagrin) with news of original material and a remixing proposal for all of you!

So in the time I've been gone I've been working on my hip hop 'career', doing shows, putting out music and generally trying to make a name for myself in the local and online scenes. The culmination of all this work is the release of the Grayscale, my debut album. Now, I remember OCR as not really having too big of a hip hop community but I figure I'll drop this here and see what you think.

The album is available here for streaming and downloading purposes. Enjoy (or not) and let me know what you think!

Furthermore, I'm going to be releasing a megasingle for (radio purposes) of Snakecharmers/Flametongue, two of the tracks on the album. The acapella for Snakecharmers is online here and I was curious to see if anyone on OCR was interested in remixing the track. The way I see it, the five best remixes will be featured on the single that I use to promote to radio/XM/internets/etc. Feel free to hit me back with any questions regarding this project.

That much being said, I've been tossing the idea of doing some more hip hop game remixes around...don't be too surprised if you see my name up in the judging sometime soon!

Sick album! I'm only a few songs in but its definitely a step up from some of the earlier stuff I heard you did (which is impressive considering how mental Top Secret was). I'd buy this, hell I'm hitting up all of my friends into rap and telling them to check this album out and not just because of some kind of OCR camaraderie but rather because I'm digging whats going on. Good to know you're still doing stuff, best of luck.

Good to hear from you, man!! Last time I hung out with you was my.. 19th birthday party, before I was dating Jill (geez, time flies.) Come to another Northeast meetup sometime :) Also, nice new album. I checked out your music a couple months ago when someone pointed me to good examples of hip hop (I'm doing some instrumentals myself.) You've come a long way from Phoenix Down, Party Up :<

Sick album! I'm only a few songs in but its definitely a step up from some of the earlier stuff I heard you did (which is impressive considering how mental Top Secret was). I'd buy this, hell I'm hitting up all of my friends into rap and telling them to check this album out and not just because of some kind of OCR camaraderie but rather because I'm digging whats going on. Good to know you're still doing stuff, best of luck.

Thanks, man! I've been trying to get involved with a new movement in renaissance hip hop and hone my game at the same time.

Good to hear from you, man!! Last time I hung out with you was my.. 19th birthday party, before I was dating Jill (geez, time flies.) Come to another Northeast meetup sometime :) Also, nice new album. I checked out your music a couple months ago when someone pointed me to good examples of hip hop (I'm doing some instrumentals myself.) You've come a long way from Phoenix Down, Party Up :<

Haha, yeah I have. You gotta start somewhere though. Link me up to some of the instrumentals you've been working on.

Ohai, Mythril Nazgul. Long time no see. We missed you last Nerdapalooza. You gonna be there this year?

If they'd let me, I'd love to perform there again. That's a great show.

My dude

hot.

EDIT: very hot. you bring it really hot on this, bro. i love the production values, too... hits hard. not to mention the cover art. you never cease to amaze me, brother but this is just knockout status. much love

Thanks, weed! That means a lot. Glad you're enjoying it.

If anyone is interested in the production behind this album, I've written a bit about it here.

Edit: also, who can I talk to about updating the photo on my remixer page. I have no idea who that fat fucker is...:P

hex's my room mate now. I'll bug him. It's the last week in June this year, fyi.

Hey, if we can make it happen I'd love to.

F U MYF!

You think you can just appear out of nowhere after disappearing on me all those years ago? HELL NO! I hate your guts A HOLE!

*Goes and plays Suikoden II OST - Reminiscence to remember days past ;_; *

landoj.jpg

Why you slimy double crossing no good swindler!

That’s right folks! We’ve received a metric buttload of interest from performers this year, and it’s time for us to open the floodgates for performers to apply to perform at Nerdapalooza. If YOU are an artist interested in performing at Nerdapalooza in Orlando, FL, on the last weekend of June, 2010, then this is what you do:

• Piece together a press kit that has a biography of you or your group, a promotional photo of you or your group, and a few samples of your music (either studio or live). The samples can be in pure audio or video form. A live sample is preferred so we can have an idea of how you perform.
  • Email said press kit to our talent director, Josh, at artist AT nerdapalooza DOT org with the subject “[Your Name Here] Application for Nerdapalooza 2010″
  • Have patience, because Nerdapalooza 2010 is still a few months away, and it’ll take us some time to respond to every artist

Hopefully this year I can get more than 5 OCR people there, that'd be tops.

Sweet album, btw. Been listening to it.