Pendulum - Immersion (Streaming Live from London)

ArmadonRK

I'm not sure why I didn't think to post this here before, but I figure there have to be some other Pendulum fans around here. And in case any of you didn't know, they're performing material off their upcoming album, Immersion, at a concert in London, being streamed live on their website right now.

http://www.pendulum.com

It's only just begun, but it's off to a great start.

Propane Nightmares (from the Mass AI TF2 video) is what got me into Pendulum. Though honestly, I haven't really liked any of their stuff outside of their "In Silico" album.

Apparently, there is a live rip of this that I've listening to on YouTube, and I smiled when I heard the Propane Nightmares bit... but that rapping over the music is ruining it. "In Silico" is still their best (namely Propane Nightmares, Granite, and The Other Side; there's still other tracks in there that're great).

I'm still enjoying this though, despite the rapping bit of things.

EDIT: LOL Holy crap, am I seriously hearing what I think I'm hearing?! Halfway through the second video... oh my god, ok, that just made it all worth it (and at the same time, not worth it).

Apparently, there is a live rip of this that I've listening to on YouTube, and I smiled when I heard the Propane Nightmares bit... but that rapping over the music is ruining it. "In Silico" is still their best (namely Propane Nightmares, Granite, and The Other Side; there's still other tracks in there that're great).

So really you just don't like DnB ;-)

My opinion towards Pendulum is exactly the opposite of Windstrike but I do actually for some weird reason has some hope for this album, primarily because one of the dubplates that has been tossed around by a few DnB DJs sounds quite good. I can't remember the name of the track but if Pendulum can get back to their roots (clean and atmospheric mainly) then I'll be all over it.

Propane Nightmares (from the Mass AI TF2 video) is what got me into Pendulum. Though honestly, I haven't really liked any of their stuff outside of their "In Silico" album.

I'm a fan of In Silico over their other work too, although I do love Hold Your Colour as well (most of the album is tight DnB, but I liked their electro/rock fusion from In Silico a little bit better).

And while it was their In Silico singles that first brought them to my attention (Granite got nearly endless playtime on TV here) I have to say 9,000 Miles and The Tempest seem like the highlight tracks off the album to me.

I'm still enjoying this though, despite the rapping bit of things.

Oh yeah, I couldn't stand the MC. Although, I can't stand MCs in general.

EDIT: LOL Holy crap, am I seriously hearing what I think I'm hearing?! Halfway through the second video... oh my god, ok, that just made it all worth it (and at the same time, not worth it).

Well, I'm not sure what specifically you're referring to, there was plenty of awesome and unexpected packed in there. All I know is hearing Aerodynamic gave me chills.