Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade Stick

XZero

Don't know if anyone on this board picked one up yet, but I had a couple of questions about it. First, while I assume it works extremely well with Tatsunoko, does it work well with any other Wii games (Brawl, primarily). Secondly, and relatedly, does it work with Street Fighter II on the Virtual Console? I really want one, but that price tag is kind of high. If I can justify getting it by using it on other games, it might be a "buy" for me.

Pfffft, not a chance. It's gonna have the same fate as all other quality Wii games that get no advertising outside of ign get: About 100,000 in sales if they're lucky.

Capcom will then go on to blame the consumers for not buying their game they've never heard of.

EDIT: I just checked online for The Crystal Bearers, to see what having relatively frequent TV spots does for a weird game. Nothing much it seems, because Crystal Bearers has only sold around 150,000 copies worldwide.

Hey, maybe it IS the consumers.

EDIT: I just checked online for The Crystal Bearers, to see what having relatively frequent TV spots does for a weird game. Nothing much it seems, because Crystal Bearers has only sold around 150,000 copies worldwide.

Hey, maybe it IS the consumers.

Or the reviews. Many consumers equate 6-7/10 with an epic *F* even if the game isn't bad. Of course, reviews can't always be the problem. No More Heroes 2 isn't going to sell very well in all likelihood, and it's getting great reviews. MadWorld and No More Heroes 1 suffered the same fate. Those three games could have suffered from M-rating syndrome, where they're so over the top and lack the mainstream name appeal of things like GTA that no one bought them.

For Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, I think it'll sell reasonably well, but there's still a pretty good chance it'll become this generation's Marvel vs. Capcom 2 with respect to prices and rarity down the road.

On another note, thanks for the info regarding the fight stick, DarkeSword!

I'd like to think that this game will sell well, even if only because of the popularity of the previous Vs. Capcom games. No one in the US knows what the hell Tatsunoko is, but that doesn't mean that they don't want to kick the crap out of their characters.

The stick sounds awesome, by the way. Might get one now.

Capcom tried to get the SPC but Tatsunoko, for whatever reason, said no.

I just googled around and you're right.

What's more, it seems that the genie will also be omitted for the English-language release, due to licensing problems. Dammit, he was the only Tatsunoko character I actually knew and liked :sad:

Oh well. I suppose there are still plenty of cool characters left on the Capcom side.

I just googled around and you're right.

What's more, it seems that the genie will also be omitted for the English-language release, due to licensing problems. Dammit, he was the only Tatsunoko character I actually knew and liked :sad:

Oh well. I suppose there are still plenty of cool characters left on the Capcom side.

The rest of the Tatsunoko characters are pretty fun though.

I think the characters were selected based on popularity polls. So characters more familiar (and beloved) in the west ended up glossed over because they aren't as popular in Japan.

Samurai Pizza Cats were awesome over here, but in Japan it was just another kids' cartoon. I guess Speed Racer didn't make the cut either.

I think the characters were selected based on popularity polls. So characters more familiar (and beloved) in the west ended up glossed over because they aren't as popular in Japan.

Samurai Pizza Cats were awesome over here, but in Japan it was just another kids' cartoon. I guess Speed Racer didn't make the cut either.

No, Capcom asked for the SPC and Tatsunoko said no, without giving any kind of reason. It didn't have anything to do with popularity polls.