FFVII Guitar Hero Probaby Not Remix Anymore

JustinC721

Okay, I've been working on this guitar instrumental for a whle now, and I originally intended it to be a FFVII BOSS Battle theme remix, but I've taken it it so many different directions that it barely has a trace of the original material left. The intro is probably the only thing thats even close.

I posted it here because maybe someone will hear something I'm not, but I doubt it.

Start to finish, this took me about 6 months. I wanted to make an 80's metal remix of the FFVII battle theme and I had to brush up on my gitar playing to get some of these parts down. I worked with a generic drum track, and eventually got a drummer friend of mine to lay a pretty good drums track on this. I was really impressed becuase drums are not generlly NOT an afterthought when making music. I had some help with the solo too. My former guitar teacher listed to an earlier form of this track and gave me some ideas which were very helpful. I had to practice playing the solo to a slower tempo until I got it right.

The solo alone took me 2 months. And I really don't know much about playing the bass, so please go easy on the cheesy bass parts,

Well heres the song

Click here to download FFVII-GuitarHero.mp3

Since this has almost no real connection to the tune, I don't se why it's posted in the workshop forum for remixes. If you're just looking for general feedback, I can do that, but in terms of getting passed it will never in a million years because for all intents and purposes, this is an original song. I can't even hear the source material in the beginning that you speak of, to be honest.

In terms of criticisms, I really only have a few. Mostly with the production. Guitar sounds dead center, which is a big no no for rhythm guitars. Do two takes, and pan one hard left and the other hard right, the standard for guitar recording.

Some areas are a tad sloppy, mostly when it comes to the fast rhythm portions. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it's noticeable.

Since this has almost no real connection to the tune, I don't se why it's posted in the workshop forum for remixes. If you're just looking for general feedback, I can do that, but in terms of getting passed it will never in a million years because for all intents and purposes, this is an original song. I can't even hear the source material in the beginning that you speak of, to be honest.

Like I said, I hoped someone might hear something I didn't. I apologize.

In terms of criticisms, I really only have a few. Mostly with the production. Guitar sounds dead center, which is a big no no for rhythm guitars. Do two takes, and pan one hard left and the other hard right, the standard for guitar recording.

I'm still working on my mixing, it has improved if you've heard some of my older recordings. I'm working with some newer programs, but I'm still using older recording equipment to record with. It was a little tough getting the drums to sound like part of the song because they were recorded after the fact along with the solo.

Actually, as far as the drums go, I felt they were the most solid part of the song in terms of production and sequencing. So whatever you did there, good job. You have a bit to learn in the techniques of recording guitar, but since that happens to be my specialty, if you had any questions you could shoot some my way any time.

Actually, as far as the drums go, I felt they were the most solid part of the song in terms of production and sequencing. So whatever you did there, good job. You have a bit to learn in the techniques of recording guitar, but since that happens to be my specialty, if you had any questions you could shoot some my way any time.

I'm probably going to upgrade some of my recording equipment before I do that. I've spent sooooo much time on this track that I need a break, this song REALLY pushes the limits of my abilities as a guitarist.