{WIP}Atma Battle Dance Remix

ODH

Ich, it's never a good idea to tell people to 'be gentle', but I'll do what I can while being completely constructive in my criticism.

One of my favorite tracks, just letting you know. Alright, that texture you use with the mega-synth is sort of annoying when that's the only thing it does. Instead of having it play staccato notes constantly when it's in there, try sprinkling the staccato with other textural elements. That'll help with give it some variety.

That guitar sample needs to go immediately. No offense, but the sample is painful to listen to (and the synth under it is a touch goofy). If this is a dance remix there's nothing wrong finding a good synth to use for the lead.

The mix is very top-heavy (meaning the mastering EQ is heavy on the highs and have virtually no lows). You've got to add more bass to the song if you want people to follow what you've got going there. Structurally, the bass is the most important thing in music (followed by the melody), so people need to hear it!

For OCR, if a song sticks to the source too closely, it gets rejected, since the site is looking for remixes, not arrangements. This song sticks too close to the source, so you'd need to make some incredible changes to the music if you wanted to submit it here.

The song basically repeats four times, doesn't it? Music in general will lose the audience if you repeat the same material over and over again (with the exception of minimalism, lol). Cut all of the repeats and try to vary the source considerably next time around.

Overall, the mix is too close to the source and too hollow for my tastes. The source has some great potential, but it isn't yet realized in this arrangement. Don't lose heart, though - everyone needs to start somewhere.

First time remixes tend to get hammered here (by me, at least) since most people need the wake-up call when it comes to remixing. After the initial shock, generally one of two things happen. Either the person walks away from the craft disillusioned, or the person realizes the standard that is out there and strives to overcome it. I'm hoping you're a part of the latter category. Good luck with whatever you work on next.

Thank you. I have been trying to work on a lead in. And after the first few times I listened to it, I think I know what you mean. It would tend to get annoying. this is exactly what I wanted by the way. Very constructive and you gave me pointers. I came here first because I think my wife is just too nice for her own good when it comes to me and too biased. I wanted some one to pick it apart for what it is and give me exactly what you gave me, not just tell me its very good and that they like it.

Thank you I'm going to work on reworking it today. hopefully I will get closer to what I'm looking for.

I never expected my first try to be great. And as you said don't give up, and I don't plan too.