Crusader of Centy / Soleil - Rafflesia Training Grounds Arranged

Kumori

Hi,

I post here every hundred years almost :P

Recently I posted in youtube an old work in progress I had done for OCremix that I never got to submit. It was an arrangement of Crusader of Centy, the Rafflesia Training Grounds theme, a theme I really liked as a kid.

It got good reviews so far, so I thought there might be someone here as well who would like to take a listen to it :-)

Hope you like it ;-)

Here's the original, just in case you haven't played the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHQnbcyQH5w

Thanks!

So glad to see someone remix some Ragnacenty / Soleil. I luved the music of that game.

This is a great arrangement, you really kept the vibe of the original, and this goes beyond a simple updgrade of the song.

All those additional melodies, the retro sound mixed with orchestral, the little breaks and that wonderful flute, are a treat.

I'm not even sure I got anything to say about production, cause I dunno if the few audio artifacts I've heard are from your song or from youtube.

Tis why you should host on another location when possible, so that people can at least listen to it elsewhere than in front of a computer. :razz:

But all in all, it's a refreshing and creative remix, and you should totally submit it once it's finished.

Hey!

So glad you liked it :D

As far as production goes, I made it using free soundfonts maybe 6 or 7 years ago with Fruity Loops so, for me, this is as good as it could get... maybe Youtube makes it a bit worse but to me, it sounded a bit more retro like that and I thought it kinda fit the song and its context :)

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever finish it or submit it. I actually did it for fun, because I really love some videogame music and I have never stopped listening to it... but I'm just someone who played with things a bit ;-) I liked how things were going with this though, so i decided I'd play with it a bit more and eventually it was in a stage where it could be enjoyed, although it wasnt finished. After some years I decided I'd share it :-)

Thanks for commenting and for your really constructive criticism ;-)

Thank you for your positive comments :-) I'm really glad to hear everyone seems to agree the spirit of the original was captured well. It was my main goal, finding the spot between an embellished MIDI of the original and a completely different sounding arrangement.

Thanks very much!! :-)

I feel nostalgic without having played the game.

That is exactly one of the feelings I'd want people to have when listening to it... to me the feeling is similar to the ones I get when I listen to a closing theme of any cartoon I used to watch in the 80s... nostalgia above all... that's why a crisp clear production wasn't that important to me and I cared more about the feeling you described :-D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Often listening to this arrangement and still digging it. ;)

Actually, I tend to prefer your interpretation of 'Rafflesia Training Grounds' over this one. But it's a very subjective matter obviously.

Now, if you could somehow add a less abrupt ending to it, and make it close or past the 3:00 mark, that'll be awesomeness.

Not sure when or if you'll ever get around to this though, but it's worth a try.

Already mentioned this, but you should really consider submitting it, if not to OCR, at least to ThaSauce.

Ragnacenty and its soundtrack definitely deserves some more coverage and recognition.