OCR01979 - Tales of Symphonia "Altar Perception"

djpretzel

42's "breath of fresh air" connection is entirely accurate, I really like what's been done with this track from all angles. It's very airy and fluid but extremely peaceful at the same time due to the instrument choices.

For a long time after Summoning of Spirits I was calling this my favorite remix on the site, and I think it's still up there in my top 5. The cello really captivates my attention and is really just plain beautiful. You couldn't have done anything even close to that great with sequenced cello so I'm glad you opted to find a live performer! :-D

Brilliant work from all sides, this is one of those songs I can't get tired of listening to.

This is a pretty nice song - too bad it wasn't in the original project.

It has a nice atmosphere to it, and yet keeps things flowing with the drums. I didn't really hear much in the way of vocals, so perhaps that should've been used a bit more, but even with the lack of hearing much in that front, the song develops pretty nicely throughout.

Bahamut is probably thinking about my bonus track for the FFIV Project.

Also thanks fro the comments guys! I really appreciate the feedback.

I agree the vocals could have been louder, I had turned them up already twice actually in two previous versions... But I didn't have enough time when I thought the song was due to go through it once more and tweak all the automations with volume... And I liked how it sounded subtle anyway. It is a song where I was just... so done with it by that point haha.

Sorry to those that wanted them louder though!

I'm glad to see this finally posted; it uses the original as a foundation and builds atop it wonderfully. The cello was SO worth the wait; it's just sexy. I like all the subtle details and variations throughout; the drums are energetic in their way and there's a lot to focus your attention on without it being overwhelming. I really like the dropoff at the end; it seems like a completely appropriate ending. Awesome stuff.

• 7 months later...

If it were possible, I would make sweet tender love to this song. It's truly a brilliant piece from the original. I can feel the emotional impact in the beats, and the flow is just wonderful. The cello made me wet my pants. Better go get another pair in case you make another piece :-P.

• 1 year later...

Man, I really dig the soft but beat-filled intro, and that cello is wonderful. I gotta say it, that cello was my favorite part of this one. It's like a beautiful package made straight for Symphonia. Starla has an amazing voice, of course, and it was a great addition here. Star-studded ReMix and an incredible debut. Very cool.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01979 - Tales of Symphonia "Altar Perception"