Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

The nostalgia is intense while playing my copy of Heart Gold.

Anyone try using the PokeWalker yet? I beamed a level 3 HootHoot to mine to test it out, and I'm quite impressed. I shook the PokeWalker for a few minutes to simulate walking, and leveled the HootHoot up a level in no time. Then I attached the PokeWalker to my neighbor's cat while it was chasing around one of Sporknight's and my hamsters and it leveled up another level.

Let me repeat that again: my neighbor's cat leveled up my Pokemon for me.

Here's my friend code for anyone that wants to play Wobbuffet Pop (XD) with me in the WiFi Club:

Heart Gold Friend Code: 3953 9198 5961

Unless you have some hyper-active felines, I think the cat idea is flawed by the fact that cats are inherently lazy. Maybe taping a laser pointer to their heads would fix that.

One idea I saw was dangling it onto an oscillating fan. Not the blades, but just the metal or plastic frame of the fan. As it blows, it knocks the walker around a bit, creating steps. And as it moves left and right, that also knocks it around a bit, creating even more steps.

The guy that posted this idea stated he gets about 25000 steps in a 24 hour period.

That is a great idea, although my cats don't wear collars (they are indoor cats, and are ID chipped).

I wore mine to work today and have accumulated 2600 steps so far. I love that I am having the students practice marching.

Pacing back and forth while on the phone with my university's financial aid at work got me up to 6380 so far.

I like the fan idea, though.

so if someone could clarify for me

what happens when you use the pokewalker anyways

i know it levels up a pokemon a level but anything else

Every 20(?) steps you take earns a watt on the pokewalker. You can use watts for three different things:

10w will use the pokeradar which is a super simplified battle thing that you can possibly catch a pokemon with. You can catch up to 3 pokemon per walk.

3w will use the item finder which gives you a 2/6 chance of getting an item. You can hold 3 or 5 items (not sure which).

When you return from the walk all the extra watts are returned to your game, and at set intervals you open up new areas to walk in.

As you are walking occassionally your pokemon will find something, so you have to periodically check. So far my pokemon has only found watts (usually 10, but I got 50 once), so I don't know if you get anything better.

It seems, that every time you go for a walk your pokemon will gain 1 level. I don't know if this is because I've only gone about 3000-5000 steps per walk, or if it's a set amount.

If anyone has any more info, please enlighten us!

It seems, that every time you go for a walk your pokemon will gain 1 level. I don't know if this is because I've only gone about 3000-5000 steps per walk, or if it's a set amount.

If anyone has any more info, please enlighten us!

I gained one level at around 500. I assumed that going to great amounts would give me more levels.

After 6000 steps at school today, I received one level.

It's definitely a set amount. -_-

If it releases for the DS, I'll wonder why. I believe the most likely reason is: Unlike previous generations which lasted for 1/2 decade, this 7th (Wii/XBOX360/PS3 and DS/PSP) will last a whole decade. With no new hardware, their only option is to keep up the new software. Hopefully it'll make the latest systems worth the sharper price tags.

Y'know, I think I might have a Pocket Pikachu around here somewhere...

I had one of those, I was in band too so it was really easy to build up watts to transfer over to my silver version.

I'm not sure how well I'll be able to use the pokewalker now though since I don't have any pets to attach it to and I hardly walk around myself these days.

Oscillating fan!

Yeah, so the Game Centers in Goldenrod and Celadon suck. It's just that stupid Voltrob Flip game. No slots. And apparently, you can't buy coins anymore.

Yeah, no coins for the slots that aren't there anymore. Awesome job, Game Freak. Way to cave in to pressure.

Atleast in these games it appears all the prize pokemon/items can be caught/bought elsewhere in the game anyway.

Although I guess that is little appeasement for people that enjoyed playing the slots and things.

They were cut out because someone flailed around about how gambling is evil and bad right?