Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

http://pokebeach.com/#first-game-screenshots-of-pokemon-black-and-pokemon-white-in-corocoro

Well, I'm not going to say I'm not surprised they aren't a very radical departure from the other DS games but I'm not necessarily unhappy about that. I've always liked how they've chosen to gradually change the graphics. Though the batle scene looks barren still, but at least we get to see the entire pokemon. I really like the human sprites this time around, er, except for what looks like the male trainer... he looks like crap.

http://pokebeach.com/#first-game-screenshots-of-pokemon-black-and-pokemon-white-in-corocoro

Well, I'm not going to say I'm not surprised they aren't a very radical departure from the other DS games but I'm not necessarily unhappy about that. I've always liked how they've chosen to gradually change the graphics. Though the batle scene looks barren still, but at least we get to see the entire pokemon. I really like the human sprites this time around, er, except for what looks like the male trainer... he looks like crap.

Same here, but I hope they'll put more emphasis on game content rather than graphics then...

Here's hoping the pokemon continually animate in battle. THAT would make a huge difference in my eyes.

In my opinion improve the Pokémon growls would be a better choice :P I loved the Pokémon Stadium ones, why they don't do all of them in that style? :(

In my opinion improve the Pokémon growls would be a better choice :P I loved the Pokémon Stadium ones, why they don't do all of them in that style? :(

Stadium? Hmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUdGAGqtI8A

Wow, that's strange. Those ARE different growls from the game! I never realized that...

Are those the actual GB sounds, just Hi-Res? Or are they altogether new?

EDIT: Man, the DS is capable of those graphics. That would make the game so intense.

I heard a lot of people say that they want the pokemon voices from the show, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtuqSBks0Js

http://www.cinemassacre.com/2006/06/20/movie-quote-pokemon/

http://www.cinemassacre.com/2006/06/20/movie-quote-another-pokemon/

P.S. How come we can't embed youtubes anymore?

Stadium? Hmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUdGAGqtI8A

Wow, that's strange. Those ARE different growls from the game! I never realized that...

Are those the actual GB sounds, just Hi-Res? Or are they altogether new?

I think that are new ones, made by merging the gameboy growl style and corrections to make them more "realistic". I really enjoyed them, and they did the same thing for the Gen. II ones in Pokémon Stadium 2 (but I never managed to get it unfortunatly).

Also I would like to note that if you transfer the Pokémon Yellow's Pikachu it uses voices from the show :P and that's interesting but I prefer to think at it as an exception :)

However, that never happened again in the Stadium "sequels", like Colosseum and Battle Revolution...

Here's hoping the pokemon continually animate in battle. THAT would make a huge difference in my eyes.

they absolutely HAVE to make that transition...i mean they've done it for PBR and Stadium and XD etc....even though those were larger console games...but there's nothing saying that they cant continually animate the pokemon in the DS games...but it looks to me like they're enhancing the battle scenery first...for example, in a screenshot they show how refined it looked: the city in the background, the full bodied back of your pokemon, etc....

...also, what do you guys think of the enhanced game 3D graphics...it looks like it would be more difficult to see things, as the slant the vision near horizontal for a lot of stuff....

I just bought pokemon yellow anyone want to trade or battle?

owait.

I wish I could afford SS and a DS, so instead I just bought yellow and a gameboy color for $20.

On the topic of pokemon mmorpgs, there are several online. I tried one once, it wasn't bad... it is just hard since there were so many people competing for space so early in the campaign. There was a line for the pokemon center.

The coolest part was being able to start with any pokemon ever.

Honestly, that looks better than I thought it would. It is about time Gamefreak got off their asses and started pushing the hardware a bit.

Here's hoping they have a better plot this time. Now would be the time to start replacing the same old recycled "go to gyms, meet team of the week, defeat them, fight E4" writing we've had since Red and Green. Even RSE, with it's better plot isn't that much better.

I hope that at the same time they are pushing the hardware it doesn't slow to even more of a crawl. XD

I actually don't care either way about the graphics I want to see some pokeymans, or proof that they are really doing lots of different things.

Here are the different things that need doing:

1 ) A full-3D main entry. No cutting corners like with Coliseum.

2 ) Higher quality music. Arrangements are ok as they are; give us a better sound already.

3 ) Full battle animation. Seriously. It's about damn time. And let the Pokemon actually interact for a change.

3 ) MMORPG. You can keep making mini-games all you want, but there comes a point where Battle Frontier isn't enough. The people who built this franchise are all grown up now (I was in 4th grade when Pkmn came to the states, and I'm 22 now), and we'd like a more grown-up game, please.

4 ) Make the Pokemon more alive. Having the Pkmn walk with you and actually interact with you is a great step, but I'm talking things like hibernation and migration patterns. It's about time Pokemon can be found all over the place, like in nature.

5 ) End the National Pokedex. Seriously, we have 500 of these little bastards. It's about time they've populated the whole planet. Stop restricting us to a set of 100 viable, catchable Pokemon before the Elite Four. The Pokewalker helps a lot, but even that has some overlap.

6 ) Let us catch the starters in the wild. It's been over 15 years; I'm pretty sure we've bred enough of them to fill the planet by now.

Ok, Nintendo. Get on it.

Here are the different things that need doing:

1 ) A full-3D main entry. No cutting corners like with Coliseum.

2 ) Higher quality music. Arrangements are ok as they are; give us a better sound already.

3 ) Full battle animation. Seriously. It's about damn time. And let the Pokemon actually interact for a change.

3 ) MMORPG. You can keep making mini-games all you want, but there comes a point where Battle Frontier isn't enough. The people who built this franchise are all grown up now (I was in 4th grade when Pkmn came to the states, and I'm 22 now), and we'd like a more grown-up game, please.

4 ) Make the Pokemon more alive. Having the Pkmn walk with you and actually interact with you is a great step, but I'm talking things like hibernation and migration patterns. It's about time Pokemon can be found all over the place, like in nature.

5 ) End the National Pokedex. Seriously, we have 500 of these little bastards. It's about time they've populated the whole planet. Stop restricting us to a set of 100 viable, catchable Pokemon before the Elite Four. The Pokewalker helps a lot, but even that has some overlap.

6 ) Let us catch the starters in the wild. It's been over 15 years; I'm pretty sure we've bred enough of them to fill the planet by now.

Ok, Nintendo. Get on it.

I'd say that's a damn good list of improvements.