Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

I've always rolled with the grass types, myself, and probably will again. He looks alright, and I imagine he'll evolve into a rayquaza-esque creature (assuming he is, in fact, supposed to be a snake) which could turn out pretty sweet. What I find most interesting is that all the grass starters have been reptiles/dinosaurs, and this one still follows that tradition.

I'm not very pleased with the designs this time around, though. Last gen really nailed it, I felt, so this set is kind of lackluster to me. Also, If the fire starter doesn't use barbeque as part of its name, I'll be upset.

I've always rolled with the grass types, myself, and probably will again. He looks alright, and I imagine he'll evolve into a rayquaza-esque creature (assuming he is, in fact, supposed to be a snake) which could turn out pretty sweet. What I find most interesting is that all the grass starters have been reptiles/dinosaurs, and this one still follows that tradition.

That's an interesting point, that I've never noticed. I wonder why that is. You'd think they'd try something different, like maybe some sort of Sunkern-esque seed that evolves into a sapling with legs and then into a massive redwood with legs AND arms, or something.

I'm not very pleased with the designs this time around, though. Last gen really nailed it, I felt, so this set is kind of lackluster to me. Also, If the fire starter doesn't use barbeque as part of its name, I'll be upset.

Lmao. Agreed on the Barbecue.

Even more pics!

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pics.shtml

I really like the 3d in this new game! The new angles and the sheer size of the city (It even has back alleys!?) are really cool. The lookout at the bridge is great and exactly the kind of view I wanted to see more of, ever since I explored the lighthouse in HG/SS.

Nerd Speak ahead:

Now that we have clear battle images, I noticed the the enemy sprites are clear, not distorted in any way as one would expect for a Golden sun style battle. However, the user's Pokemon sprite is double the size (Each pixel is twice as large), similar to the original red and blue. I think that either Nintendo is modifying the battle engine for the moment to always have that angle just to fool us, or they are only taking pics of battles when they are at that traditional angle. The battle scene probably resets to that angle every turn.

Since the user's pokemon is double size, unlike every game since S/G, and the 'disks' are very obviously polygons, I'm still certain of the battle style.

Nerd Speak ahead:

Now that we have clear battle images, I noticed the the enemy sprites are clear, not distorted in any way as one would expect for a Golden sun style battle. However, the user's Pokemon sprite is double the size (Each pixel is twice as large), similar to the original red and blue. I think that either Nintendo is modifying the battle engine for the moment to always have that angle just to fool us, or they are only taking pics of battles when they are at that traditional angle. The battle scene probably resets to that angle every turn.

Since the user's pokemon is double size, unlike every game since S/G, and the 'disks' are very obviously polygons, I'm still certain of the battle style.

Its weird how different their pixelation is from the other sprites for previous generations. The pictures of the 3 legendary dogs differ highly from the zoroark pixelation.

nintendo doesn't change anything - people rage about series getting stagnant

nintendo changes something - people rage about it not being enough

nintendo changes everything - people rage about nintendo FORGETTING ITS ROOTS

Well, now, to be fair, we've only seen a small snippet of what battles will be like. It could end up being much more impressive than what we've seen so far. I think the biggest problem are the overreactions from those weirdos on the pokemon show. Seeing them get so worked up makes me kinda go "SHADDUP IT'S NOT THAT GREAT!".

Lol, true.

Personally, I'm excited to see what my favorite pokemon will look like when animating. I find animating sprites more interesting that 3d polygons, anyways.

However, they really had better get different animations for when they attack or take damage. That'll probably come.

Personally, I'm excited to see what my favorite pokemon will look like when animating. I find animating sprites more interesting that 3d polygons, anyways.

However, they really had better get different animations for when they attack or take damage. That'll probably come.

They need to close their eyes when they get Sleep status.

And, I think I've mentioned this in this thread before but we need continuous weather effect animations in the bg rather than a "It's still raining." message every round.

I'm still waiting to see the new and revolutionary they spoke of before. Oh boy it's slightly more 3D than before and the battle sprites have idle animations? (Of course I don't care if they don't really do anything new, I have a weakness for monster games heh).

The starters are begining to grow on me a bit, at first I was pretty eh about them. I don't know which one I'll go with though.