Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

Yeah, I was reading that DSi enhanced bit before. I have to wonder what it could possibly be. The only thing that the DSi has over the DS Lite is a camera and more processor power and RAM.

I can see the camera being used for a few things, maybe some sort of Trainer Card photo of yourself... but that seems really basic and kind of underwhelming. Yeah, photo of yourself that most people are never going to see.

Maybe the RAM difference will be the key. Along with the faster processor, we might see some cosmetic effects in game. Maybe some nicer-looking battle effects? Or over-world details?

I really wish they sold those over here... actually, anywhere outside of Japan.

I have a Japanese Clefairy that I found at a store once... but that's it.

I would kill for a plush Banette. Seriously. Kill. Pick a person and a time and place, and have it ready for me.

I have a plushie Pachirisu I got outta a crane game once. It is super kawaii.

True, but they could have easily picked a neutral background for the two versions to share. I wonder if they figured people would pay more attention to the background color than the legendary's when making the purchase.

There could be story/type reasons too...

Don't get me wrong though, the box art for both of them looks awesome, it's just interesting that this time around the mascot's appearance is contrary to their version.

Yes, it uses "TWL" which is supposed to be the code for DSi software. Now, if that means it's "enhanced" or exclusive...

An old article from joystiq mentions:

Two new types of DS cartridges are on the way: "DSi Cards," which will only work on the DSi, and "DSi Enhanced Cards," which work on all DS systems, but will have extra features when played on a DSi.

Now, neither Platinum, nor HG/SS, had that code on them, even though they were out after the DSi came out. Though, if I recall correctly, none of them used the cameras or extra RAM or processor power for anything.

So, if these games are DSi-enhanced, it may very well be something like using the camera on your trainer card, something that doesn't affect the game in any real way.

If it's actually DSi-exclusive... then we got a problem. I, and I would think lots of other people, are not in the market for another DS, especially one with shorter battery life and no GBA slot. Yeah, the DSi may have some stuff that makes it different, but I like my GBA games from time to time.

There's also the idea of carrying the Pal Park over to Black and White, which requires the use of the GBA slot. They kept it for HG/SS, so why not for BW?

I suppose we will find out in the next few weeks. It seems that Nintendo and GameFreak are letting out a steady flow on info this time, rather than little bits months apart like they did with the previous games.

Nakagawa Shoko, the hostess of Japanese variety show Pokémon Sunday recently posted an entry into her blog possibly revealing Zekrom’s type. Shoko wrote she would love to voice Zekrom in a movie because Electric is her favourite Pokémon type. The blog post was then later removed which leads us to believe that Zekrom will be Dragon/Electric type, the fact that the blog was removed strengthens the rumour.

This still isn’t confirmed but for now it seems quite likely, this would also make Zekrom the first Electric/Dragon type Pokémon.

Source

I'll just leave this here...

Meh. Voice actress blogs about something she may not really know anything about, and then they have to pull it because she's giving out false info. Or she's right, and they pulled it because they didn't want to release that info yet.

Or, they set it up so it looks like it was an unintended leak.

Either way, nothing really important. Typings and that are secondary to things like the plot, a map of the new region, maybe some more footage of new areas... As soon as the game starts publishing, someone will leak the ROM and then we'll find out every pokemon type and name in a few hours.