Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

I have a sneaking suspicion that the '3rd version'(and the inevitable Ruby/Sapphire remake) will be a 3DS-enhancement of the DS Black and White games, which (in my humble opinion) more than justifies waiting, though I don't have the will to wait that long myself.

I think they won't be on 3DS...

Yeah, about that whole "Ruby/Sapphire remake" thing...

I don't think it's going to happen.

People are looking at a pattern of two instances. That's not exactly the greatest sample to determine things.

Now, the same thing was said about HG/SS, but there were hints scattered about DPPt. So until we see a bunch of stuff in BW that hints at Hoenn, I doubt it. Besides, we already have two sets of remakes. Do we really need more?

Now, the same thing was said about HG/SS, but there were hints scattered about DPPt.

Hints? Where?

Besides, we already have two sets of remakes. Do we really need more?

I can't get enough of Pokémon games...and I love remakes in general.

Hints? Where?

-The Pokéball design on the floors of Pokémon Centers are gold and silver.

-Jasmine from Olivine Gym appears at the north end of Sunyshore

-Location data pointers in Diamond and Pearl contained a code for "Johto" instead of "Sinnoh".I think there are a few others, but those are the ones that I can recall off-hand.

If you want to go even further back, in Fire/Leaf, they mentioned a red-haired boy. The only significant red-haired boy at that point in the series was your rival from GSC. It's later revealed that he is Giovanni's son, which explains some of his behavior in HGSS.

Now, until I see hints like this in BW, I'm going to discount any remakes of 3rd gen. Of course, if we do get them, then we also have to get remakes of the remakes. Then in gen 6, we can have remakes of DPPt, as well as HGSS. Then in gen 7, we can have remakes of the remakes of the remakes...

Now, until I see hints like this in BW, I'm going to discount any remakes of 3rd gen. Of course, if we do get them, then we also have to get remakes of the remakes. Then in gen 6, we can have remakes of DPPt, as well as HGSS. Then in gen 7, we can have remakes of the remakes of the remakes...

Remakes of remakes? Now that's just ridiculous.

Some might feel that remaking these games once has been ridiculous, but I personally like going back and seeing the old regions with the latest game engine/mechanics and newer pokemon. Playing HeartGold and SoulSilver may not have been as groundbreaking as it was back when the games are new, but, as lukewarm as I was toward the Ruby/Sapphire games, playing those remakes made me want to revisit Hoenn.

And it's not like they remake them every year. There were almost 10 years between Pokemon Red/Blue and FireRed and LeafGreen. And about 10 years between Gold/Silver and HeartGold/SoulSilver. A Ruby/Sapphire remake in 2012/2013 wouldn't be so unreasonable.

And why wouldn't they be on the 3DS? The DS is on it's way out (Black and White have been in development for a long time and will release in September for Japan, so it's not like GameFreak didn't want to make them on the 3DS, the 3DS just hasn't been ready to develop for.) Again, I think the third version of BW will be on 3DS as an 'enhanced' title, while the Ruby/Sapphire remakes will either use that same engine or be built from the ground-up for 3DS.

Again, I think the third version of BW will be on 3DS as an 'enhanced' title, while the Ruby/Sapphire remakes will either use that same engine or be built from the ground-up for 3DS.

That would be good, I'm interested in Grey version and 3DS too...

• 2 weeks later...

So, lots of news this weekend. Scans, pics from the latest movie in Japan (and the laughable drama that took place because of it), and new pokémon revealed!

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

corocoro-white-fortress.jpg

Black City (kind of like something out of Earthbound, I think) and White Forest are going to be version-exclusive areas, which is a nice change for once.

corocoro-new-pokemon-1.jpg

Next is Dynablade... I mean, Wooguru, is a new Flying/Normal type. Also, three new pokémon, named Kibago, Koromori and Minezumi, from top to bottom.

corocoro-new-pokemon-3.jpg

corocoro-new-character-2.jpgcorocoro-new-character.jpg

New characters include two new childhood rivals, and some green-haired guy that might be the devil himself. Or not. No real details on him so far.

corocoro-new-character-3b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow, long time, no update.

So, pre-orders for Black and White in Japan exceed one million, making it the fastest selling DS game ever. It also puts it pretty high up on the fastest selling games of all time list.

Also, new pokémon revealed, named Yanappu It's a monkey with a head made from broccoli. Broccomonkey? Monkoli? It's a grass type, and it's a monkey of some sort. Fuck the rest of the info, monkeys are awesome! Definitely going to end up being the Grass type of choice if you choose the fire pig or Derp Derp.

Also, only 24 days until the Japanese release, and six to eight months for the rest of the world. I know there's a lot to translate, convert and adapt to English, and it cantake months just to do so, but fuck... can't they hire some translators to work along side Game Freak as they make the game, just to get a little bit of a head start?

Also, new pokémon revealed, named Yanappu It's a monkey with a head made from broccoli. Broccomonkey? Monkoli? It's a grass type, and it's a monkey of some sort. Fuck the rest of the info, monkeys are awesome! Definitely going to end up being the Grass type of choice if you choose the fire pig or Derp Derp.?

That is the worst pokemon ever.

I can't wait for this game. You won't even see any of the old pokemon until after you beat the elite 4! I loved that sense of mystery when you had to figure out through trial and error what type a pokemon was. I'm looking forward to having a new pokedex to work on.

Oh yeah, which reminds me. I finished my national dex in pearl. I got all 492, all legit, except my mew, deoxys and celebi.

It wasn't as satisfying as I hoped.

I can't wait for this game. You won't even see any of the old pokemon until after you beat the elite 4! I loved that sense of mystery when you had to figure out through trial and error what type a pokemon was.

Yeah I like that aspect as well. I'll try to keep my investigation of the new species to a minimum.

News from the latest issue of CoroCoro in Japan:

The first details on special CoroCoro magazine; CoroCoro Special's October issue have started to come out through a Twitter, with thanks to Sabonea Masukippa for translation. This issue confirms a new feature within Double & Triple Battles called Combination Attacks. These attacks can be joined together if you select both attacks by selecting two or more specific attacks. Three examples of these attacks include Grass Oath, Fire Oath and Water Oath. We don't know how these work exactly but we have three examples:

If you use Grass Oath and Water Oath, the moves combine to make a Moor attack which lowers your opponent's speed.

In addition to that, Fire Oath and Water Oath create a Rainbow in the sky which boosts the likelihood of secondary effects occuring for your team mates.

Grass Oath & Fire Oath creates a Field of Fire which will cause damage to the opponents each turn.

These combinations, as well as being done together, also need to be done in order. For example, for the Grass/Fire Oath one, you'll need to use Grass Oath and then Fire Oath. It is unknown if all combination moves will be like this. We'll bring more details on this brand new feature as and when it comes including and hopefully some scans & total confirmation so keep checking back.

So, it seems that only in Double and Triple Battles, you can finally combine attacks. Now, this only applies to certain attacks, it seems, so don't expect that you can do anything with all attacks.

This should make Double and Triple Battling more interesting, and maybe something people will want to play more.