Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

News from the latest issue of CoroCoro in Japan:

So, it seems that only in Double and Triple Battles, you can finally combine attacks. Now, this only applies to certain attacks, it seems, so don't expect that you can do anything with all attacks.

This should make Double and Triple Battling more interesting, and maybe something people will want to play more.

As cool as that sounds, you still can't deny how stupid Broccoli-mon is.

OK, so it looks like they are putting some sort of story in besides the usual "prof, gyms, badge, team of baddies, thanks for buying, see you again in three years for the next game" that we've had since the beginning.

Go to 2:03, and watch the cutscene with the coronation. There's something about a king, and how it relates to the region of Isshu.

Not to mention the overall increase in quality in general. Music, sound, game mechanics, characters... this may very well be the most refined generation ever.

There's a little thing that's been bothering me about B/W.

I hate how the pokemon is released in mid-air and then fals down to the ground. Aside from it looking pretty stupid, it's going to be dumb seeing a Diglett fall from mid-air with his pile of rubble around him. Pretty annoying.

I bet the animation for Diglet won't be like that.

Why?

Because in the pokeathlon races, anything that requires jumping, Diglett and Dugtrio can't do cause they cant leave the ground. I think the only "jumping" related event they can do is the hurdles, because they can go underground. So it's a pretty likely gamefreak pays enough attention to details to do the same thing in B&W

On a more official news side, remember that grass-monkey thing from before? It seems that it has fire and water counterparts, by the names of Hiyappu and Baoppu, respectively.

So, in a way, you can get a alternate set of starters. Don't like Smugleaf? Get a Broccomonk. Couldn't get a DerpDerp (as if you wanted one anyway)? Get yourself a Baoppu. Someone took your fire-piglet? Shame on you, you should have smashed that person in the face with his own pokéball and took it for yourself. But now you can grab a burning monkey thing. No, not the Infernape line. This is totally different, I swear.

Also, the final forms of the starters have been revealed... or not. There's a slight chance these are still fake, but all reports from trusted sources are saying they're legit.

tsutaevo.jpg

pokaevo.jpg

mijuevo.jpg

Grass gets pretty cool on the last form. Hm... Possibly grass/flying or grass/psychic.

Fire pig is still the coolest of all. But he's yet another fire/fighting type and you can tell. C'mon, Nintendo, we already got Blaziken and Infernape.

Man, the water type REALLY doesn't get cool until the end. Uh... Water/rock? Water/steel? Either way it's been done, so hopefully it's something different.

I actually saw these a couple days ago. I'm really not too keen on any of them. I like the grass's final form the most of the three (Which is good, 'cause I always pick the grass starter), and I am digging the water final's double mustache thing. The pig does look like it could easily be a fighting type, but they may go against expectations and make it fire/dark, or even just fire. I'm sure they'll grow on me a bit, but for now, I'm a little disappointed.

Knowing Game Freak, the fire starter will be pure Fire type with Thick Fat, so it takes even less damage from fire-attacks. :banghead:

Belibe it!

Naaaah I don't think so, starter always had that ability that does " When HP is below 1/3rd, XXX’s power increases to 1.5 times."

Importing this on Japanese launch (2 weeks!).

I know Japanese, so I may be able to answer some questions about it.

Cool! :D Damn I think it's too soon for a new Pokémon game...I'm still at 108 Pokémon and 6 badges in SS.

Naaaah I don't think so, starter always had that ability that does " When HP is below 1/3rd, XXX’s power increases to 1.5 times."

You haven't heard of Dream World, have you? It's a off-game sort of thing where you can get pokémon with new abilities they normally wouldn't have, including starters. Examples are things like Vaporeon with Hydration, or Glaceon with Ice Body. The list of what pokémon get what abilities isn't fully revealed yet, though.

]Cool! :D Damn I think it's too soon for a new Pokémon game...I'm still at 108 Pokémon and 6 badges in SS.

I have all of them, legit, so if you need anything, PM me and we can trade. Friend Code is in my sig.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/ocre3/1283735695350.jpg

"As you can see, the faker used the anime spreadsheet but didn't clean his canvas well enough. the line next to smugleaf2's head fits wotter2's head perfectly. BUSTED!"

Yay. I've been hoping these pieces of crap were fake. And they are. (of course, the anime spreadsheet makes the 2nd forms of Mijumaru and Tsutaja real but their designs are probably a bit different than those of the faker's versions; mijumaru2's coloring, for example)