Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

• 4 weeks later...
Just so you all know. And rage.

Oh god I want to see the rage. Cuz I'm raging...

I'm actually okay with most of this.

Snivy = Snake or Snide + Ivy. Smugleaf is the best obviously, but this is a decent alternative.

Tepig = Tepid Pig. For a first evo, not bad.

Oshawott = Canadian Otter. Awesome.

I have no idea why they renamed Isshu into Unova, they've never renamed regions before. I'm also not too fond of it either.

That is against the usual pattern... but then, if this is meant as a reboot, then I guess that would include some old conventions in localization.

I would have been happy with a more concrete release date, seeing how we already knew that "spring 2011" thing for the last six months. It's always spring the next year. I guess that's one convention they didn't bother with redoing.

The fact that they changed the region name kind of irks me. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh all kept their Japanese names for the first 4 generations; I don't see what the problem was with Isshu.

As for the Pokemon starter names, I guessed 'Snivy' would be the official name for the grass one; not really surprised they went with it as it's a good name. The other two are less good.

Especially "Oshawott". Osha-what? Maybe he's obsessed with safety in the workplace. I guess it's time to start nicknaming my pokemon.

Damn it, I've actually been working on a Let's Play of a pokémon game using Metal Gear Solid tropes and photoshops. Now it's ruined forever by you posting this first.

Thanks a lot.

awwcmon.gif

As if I'd know you'd be working on such a thing. Which game would it have been? PkMn Yellow with Jesse playing the roll of Eve and James as Otacon/Hal..? I don't know if I want to know who you got portraying Sunny, Emma or Johnny/Akiba :lol:

ready to pounce on people with odd little pictures from obscure sites, and then BAM! You're on us like a panther on a gazelle.

Oh you want obscure?

, by Red Alice, that I can think of which plays a song with one of the lyrics going "OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" hilariously imo; even though it's engrish. :lol:

Also for the sake of keeping things related to the thread at hand...

Here's some one exhibiting a real life rendition of pay day!

cattlinggun.gif

I'm actually okay with most of this.

Snivy = Snake or Snide + Ivy. Smugleaf is the best obviously, but this is a decent alternative.

Tepig = Tepid Pig. For a first evo, not bad.

Oshawott = Canadian Otter. Awesome.

I have no idea why they renamed Isshu into Unova, they've never renamed regions before. I'm also not too fond of it either.

i love oshawott (say it, Revolver Oshawott) and id nickname Snivy Smugleaf anyway. so no harm no fowl XD

it is a bit unseddling about the region name change (did kanto have a name in the original. like did i miss something in the manual when i was like 9 with my bad reading skills

it is a bit unseddling about the region name change (did kanto have a name in the original. like did i miss something in the manual when i was like 9 with my bad reading skills

Kanto didn't receive a proper name until Gold and Silver. The original Japanese versions of Red and Green only mentioned it once, and that was in the map on the wall found in your rival's house. It wasn't until Gold and Silver that it was given a name in all regional versions.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish they would just do all event give-aways through the WFC so everyone can get them. (Why make us jump through another hoop of a physical location if there's already a timeframe).

In any event, these will apparently be obtainable in EVERY 4th generation game. :) That's a LOT of shiny Legendary Beasts (if you own more than one gen 4 game; and, really, what are you doing in this thread if not)

http://www.500mb.us/pkm.php

It has the shiny Beast trio for download... with some minor tweaks.

It's a good way to get the really rare and obscenely difficult event pokémon. It does work, I've tried it out. Kind of fun, but ultimately just another tool for those of us that could never get to any of the real-world events, or were excluded from the Wi-Fi events because we aren't Japanese.

Now, all the trainer names are pre-set (and even if they weren't, you don't normally know your Secret ID number, so it wouldn't do you any good any way), so you can't just make up a team with your name and ID on them.

And this is about as legit as the official Nintendo events, seeing how they are distributed the safe way: specific address of a server on the internet, download file, activate data in game. Identical. Hell, even Nintendo uses their own version of an Action Replay to generate pokémon and items for events. The GBA events were normal Pokémon carts that had been altered with a "fill box with x pokémon" code, done in the Nintendo offices in Redmond. They may have very well just used an actual Action Replay device to do it for all we know.

But yeah, it's nice to see these events for once, and that even the older DS games get to use it. DP got screwed out of Oak's Letter and a bunch of other stuff, even in Japan. HG/SS and Platinum got the majority of stuff.