Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

So, there are no enhancements of any kind when you play BW on a 3DS. Who would dare to say such a thing?

How about the director of the game, Junichi Masuda, himself?

So that's that. No 3D anything, just regular DS everything. You can use the camera like the one on the DSi and XL, but it's not required to advance the game in anyway.

In slightly better news, the UK is having its own Celebi events!

OK, I managed to acquire 3 Celebis. Don't ask how. It did not involve beating up anyone for their games.

Any way, Soul Splint called dibs on one, and I need one for myself.

Anyone else need a Celebi? Also, I have a few extra Shiny Beasts from the GameStop and WiFi events. Only a few, so if you want one, say so now.

FC in sig below.

OK, I managed to acquire 3 Celebis. Don't ask how. It did not involve beating up anyone for their games.

Any way, Soul Splint called dibs on one, and I need one for myself.

Anyone else need a Celebi? Also, I have a few extra Shiny Beasts from the GameStop and WiFi events. Only a few, so if you want one, say so now.

FC in sig below.

Hell, I'll take a Celebi. I always seem to find out about these events after they're already over. =/

My friend code is 3136 3181 0829.

Question:

I'm going to be getting Oshawott to breed it for other OCR poke-players, so as discussed it would be best to get a female. The question is, when in the game are the sexes and natures of the starters determined? Right before you open the pokeballs to select your starter? When (or if) you use the pokemon first to defend someone or yourself? Right when you start the game?

This would be helpful to know so I could save right before that point, allowing me to turn off the game and restart as many times as needed so I can get a female.

Question:

I'm going to be getting Oshawott to breed it for other OCR poke-players, so as discussed it would be best to get a female. The question is, when in the game are the sexes and natures of the starters determined? Right before you open the pokeballs to select your starter? When (or if) you use the pokemon first to defend someone or yourself? Right when you start the game?

This would be helpful to know so I could save right before that point, allowing me to turn off the game and restart as many times as needed so I can get a female.

I've typically found that they're set before you actually pick up the Pokéballs/receive them.

In HeartGold/SoulSilver the correct place is, unless I am mistaken, right in front of the Pokéballs before you actually pick one. You can then save and soft reset repeatedly right there; if a starter is shiny, it will show up as such before it's even picked. Not sure about the gender, however, but if Black/White does it the same way (which appears to be the case), the place to save is right before you actually pick.

ocre grabbed it last night, guys. Sorry. It's one download per game, so I would have to wipe a game and do it over again to get another one.

As for choosing starters, according to the Japanese version I just tried out (don't ask where it came from, it's a mystery to everyone!), you can indeed save before opening the box that contains the pokéballs. So thankfully, that hasn't changed in this generation.

Hopefully, this guy will get a hold of the data for these events, and then set them up for download. Also, there is a good chance the Japanese versions of this events pokémon will work with the English versions. If they do, then I'm sure we can get lots of them.

I did have the goal of catchin 'em all with Platinum, but with the release of B/W I might just give up. Or maybe just still try with Platinum.. but no way I'm trading in 600 of these things. No way in hell.

I actually just started working again (after 4 months of NOTHING), so I'm gonna start buying games again hopefully, and this will probably be the first. Personally, HGSS left a bad taste in my mouth. I went back to Platinum after just beating it for Nostalgias sake. But B/W looks like Platinum x1000. Hella awesome : D

I think I already have a Celebi, so I could care less for the event. Yeah, I'm not hardcore about the Pokeman or anything. I just like having little pointless tasks to do when I'm bored. : D

Argh, I'm still unsure of which starter to get... I really like smugleaf and it's evos, but the others aren't too bad either (Although BoarBQ's last evo should have been a Ganon lookalike...). In pretty much every other game, I knew instantly which starter was for me, but this time...

I think I already have a Celebi, so I could care less for the event. Yeah, I'm not hardcore about the Pokeman or anything. I just like having little pointless tasks to do when I'm bored. : D

Well, it's not just ANY Celebi that unlocks the event, it's a specific one. But once we get the Zorarks, we'll be breding them up for everyone else, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Argh, I'm still unsure of which starter to get... I really like smugleaf and it's evos, but the others aren't too bad either (Although BoarBQ's last evo should have been a Ganon lookalike...). In pretty much every other game, I knew instantly which starter was for me, but this time...

Then just choose one randomly, and then as soon as you get a few pokémon on your team, ditch it into the storage box. If you still want one, we an supply you with some eggs or trade them over, and you can choose the one(s) you want.

SOLUTIONS ARE EVERYWHERE.

Was just figuring up some possible movesets for my brand-new Celebi (thanks again to The Damned) and I have run across something interesting:

It seems that in Gen V, Giga Drain has a base power of 75 rather than 60. Serebii has it listed as this as well. But, there is no Giga Drain TM in Black/White.

If it is 75 instead of 60 it would be preferable to Leaf Storm (accompanied by Nasty Plot), but if I teach it to Celebi now, will the power change from 60 to 75 when I trade it over?

I would think so, but I'd like to be certain.

Yes, it will. Pokemon are basically self-contained files. The moves they know are simply plugged into the battle system of the game they are on, and adjusted accordingly.

Same thing with all their stats, too.

EDIT: Also, if you're in London on launch day, hit up GAME's Oxford Street location, so you can meet Junichi Masuda and Ken Sugimori, the game's director and artist. Seriously it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Hardly anyone ever gets to meet the people that actually make the games in person.

If I could fly there myself, I'd do it. I'd bring a long a BW game case to get autographed, too.

Now, we know that everyone will be playing Black and White tomorrow, but why not play it to some damn good music?

Join the Missingno Tracks listening party tomorrow, at two convenient times, while you're playing.

Now, game-wise, this thread will be updated with players here and their starters and offers for trades like version-exclusive pokémon. Just post and I'll update it as quickly as possible.