Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

Serebii's IV calculator is terrible, use metalkids. It not only shows you what natures do what in the drop-down menu, but it also lets you enter in as many levels and their stats as you want.

So if you have a Rare Candy or two, you can get three levels instead of one, and get way more accurate results.

Sorry, no word yet... As far as I know, anyways.

So, has anyone stepped up to the task of organizing the tournament yet? It would be pretty cool if we could do it on saturday night.

EDIT: Is a Snivy with a timid nature good? It's attack is gimped but it's speed is jacked... Is Serperior more of a special attacker?

ok this game is really really fun but am I the only one who feels like I am being babied

like what's the point of having pokemon centers if every npc can heal you

oh and thanks game freak for telling me exactly where to find the pokemon I need to beat the gym leader before I've even fought the first trainer in the gym

because you know I really hate using my brain for anything except reading and following simple instructions

Sorry, no word yet... As far as I know, anyways.

So, has anyone stepped up to the task of organizing the tournament yet? It would be pretty cool if we could do it on saturday night.

EDIT: Is a Snivy with a timid nature good? It's attack is gimped but it's speed is jacked... Is Serperior more of a special attacker?

I've gone ahead and did what I could about it. Lots of rules to be agreed upon and clarified, SO I NEED INPUT :). For any who are interested in an organized tournament, please click on the Pokemon Tournament link in my signature, sign up, and give us your thoughts on the matter.

I've gone ahead and did what I could about it. Lots of rules to be agreed upon and clarified, SO I NEED INPUT :). For any who are interested in an organized tournament, please click on the Pokemon Tournament link in my signature, sign up, and give us your thoughts on the matter.

Looks pretty decent so far. I think we should decide on a competitive format as well, to prevent people from running rampant with a party of 6 legendaries. I know smogon is kind of a spergfest but they probably do have a pretty good idea of what constitutes a balanced format. I propose that using any pokemon that doesn't fall in the "uber"-tier on smogon would be fair game. (AFAIK this basically constitutes all the 'main' legendaries of each game like Mewtwo, Ho-Oh/Lugia, Groudon/Kyogre, Reshiram/Zekrom, etc. etc.)

I'm not entirely sure on what to do with the Action Replay stuff (does anyone here actually use that?), though it's probably best to keep in mind that not everyone will have all the games from the previous gens, which could lead to some movesets that are impossible to attain within the context of just the fifth gen. (an example would be the move Superpower which is only accessible through a move tutor in Heartgold/Soulsilver)

There are also only two options when battling in the Wifi Club room. No restrictions, and flat rules. FFA is basically using 6 Pokemon per player at any level and with no limited items held (ie. two or more holding Leftovers). Flat rules has players battling with only 3 Pokemon and they'll be set at level 50. One item per team, and no Pokemon copies. Also, these battles uses the Wifi Clause. Meaning, both players get to see each other's teams before the actual battle. No surprise strategies. :(

Oh, those rules apply to Single Battles. Double and Triple Battles with flat rules will allow 6 Pokemon. Rotation Battles will allow 4 Pokemon.

I haven't battled in the Union Room yet, but I think they have more ruling options in there. Might have to check it out first.

This is honestly not something I can complain about. I don't enjoy that after having beaten two trainers I have to travel back to the last town, then travel back to where I was all the time.

admittedly I was still irate from having my hand held from the very beginning of the game in every other regard

but you're right, now that I'm into it it is extremely convenient because I'm noticing wild pokemon are much more likely to fuck my shit up faster

video

If by "obvious flaws that the game designers left in", he means "intentional battle mechanics that people can use as legitimate tactics", then yeah, I suppose the guy is kind of right.

Aside from the few changes that BW added to some abilities, this isn't really anything new. People have done level 1 battles before with great success. All this is is Sturdy and Pain Split spamming with the occasional team sacrifice. BOOOORING.

But fuck, that guy needs to not talk during videos.

You know what? Endure, Protect and Detect need to be taken out of the game. Not because I think they're overpowered. Oh no. It's just that the CPU seems to delight in wasting my time by spamming them over and over again.

It's like it knows it doesn't stand a chance outside of gym battles and such, so it goes "Welp, at least I can annoy that filthy human!"

Holy shit the postgame is high leveled. Level 50-55 Audinos are love. And then there was this little gem:

*Wandering around Giant Chasm*

*Sees shaking grass*

"Sweet, Audino. Free EXP."

"A wild Metagross appeared!"

"Cool, I can get a Metagross!"

"FUCK, I have to catch a Metagross!"

*Thunder Wave->Thunder->Volt Switch->Pokeball->caught in a single toss*

*savesavesave*

So I picked this up, after not having touched a game since Ruby. Went with Black because it was cheaper (Buy.com, saved like $2).

I've never really gotten into the competetive portion of the game, so all of that stuff about IVs and such is pretty new to me. Is it hard to learn/implement or is it worth looking into?

Another question, Aside from free wifi hotspots is there a way to connect to the nintendo wifi without setting my router to WEP? I have a USB wifi connector, but since I'm running Windows Vista (64x) that's not really an option (which kinda pisses me off btw). I think I've exhausted my options, so I'm just looking for some kind of work-around.

Also, I'm not overly impressed with the starters this time around. Snivy seems like a limbless Treecko and we get another fire/fighting starter (yes, I know this has been beaten to death, but I wanted to get a few licks in).

You know what? Endure, Protect and Detect need to be taken out of the game. Not because I think they're overpowered. Oh no. It's just that the CPU seems to delight in wasting my time by spamming them over and over again.

It's like it knows it doesn't stand a chance outside of gym battles and such, so it goes "Welp, at least I can annoy that filthy human!"

While those moves are annoying when an NPC uses them, they're actually pretty useful for some strategies (Toxic + Protect comes to mind).

Also, the main game is easily doable without caring about IVs/EVs (though beneficial Natures do make a big difference), so it really only matters for multiplayer.