Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

Game Freak finally took the writing up a notch or two. In fact, I remember bleck saying, long before the game was released, something along the lines of "there will never be any good story in pokemon"... which now seems to be not the case.

Sadly, they could have done this in GSC, RSE or DPPt. Who knows what kind of plots we could have gotten by now if they had different writers?

(and now for someone to bring up "it's a kids game, it doesn't need a story")

I was very pleased with the story, although they definitely could have gone more in depth with the morality of pokemon battles. Maybe in Grey version?

(Is it Gray or Grey?)

I actually had a cool idea the other night for the 3DS pokemon games. First of all, they should be full 3D, character models and realistically sized cities. No more 'tile/gird' movement, and the trainers should be customizable.

The battles are what really need to change, though. It would still be turn based, but you could stratagize much more. Imagine an arena where you can freely move your pokemon around. There would be 3 'zones/rings' around the enemy pokemon: Close, middle, and far. In close you would have increased attack but lowered accuracy and defence, middle would be normal, and far would be lowered attack but increased defence and accuracy. Also, when using an impact move (Like tackle) you could knock the pokemon into debris such as rocks to cause extra damage.

TL;DR: pokemon 3DS needs to be really different.

TL;DR: pokemon 3DS needs to be really different.

Pokemon 3DS needs two things.

1. An option for AR pokemon battles so you can have your pokemon fight on your desk and basically tilt the 3DS around to look at them from multiple angles.

2. A mechanic/minigame that's basically an AR spinoff of pokemon snap; Photograph wild pokemon hiding in your room or outside.

I want to call the third game Pokemon Chrome, simply because Grey sounds so cheesy. Of course, assuming they're even going to make a third game. A while back I read somewhere that they might not make one. Even Kyurem, the third dragon, can be found in the Giant Chasm of B/W. So we'll see.

I remember bleck saying, long before the game was released, something along the lines of "there will never be any good story in pokemon"... which now seems to be not the case.

the story was still really bad

it's just that now they're trying which on its own is a great thing!

A while back I read somewhere that they might not make one. Even Kyurem, the third dragon, can be found in the Giant Chasm of B/W. So we'll see.

you could get suicune in gold and silver but that didn't stop them from making crystal

A while back I read somewhere that they might not make one.

Which was from one of the artists while she was attending a European event, and was a bad quote because of it was Japanese, translated to Spanish, and then to English. That comment was then promptly corrected by the director in a later interview, as they didn't want rumors of a third game to impact launch day sales (which it didn't, because Black and White sold a just over a million in the US alone, with more in Europe and Canada).

Besides, we all know there's going to be a third version, it's Pokemon.

There's a flash game up on pokemon.com that lets you befriend a dreamworld Eeveelution if you play through all four levels of it, and you'll be able to transfer it to your normal game once dreamworld becomes available.

It's basically arkanoid. The Eeveelutions are different from normal ones because they all have their hidden dreamworld ability, even though only Espeon, Leafeon and Vaporeon are probably worth getting for it.

Well, you'll have to have an account anyway to use the dreamworld...

By the way, because there is no way to figure the mini-game out besides playing it and the instructions are vague, here's a little breakdown for those who want a specific Eeveelution:

You have to beat all four levels to get a pokemon.

The type of pokemon you are offered depends on how many colored orbs you collect while playing. Fire orbs come out of fire blocks and represent Flareon, Lightning orbs come out of Lightning blocks and represent Jolteon, and so on. Whichever type of orb you collect the most of is the type you will be offered. There are six orbs of each type of Eevee, meaning 42 overall.

I just ignored all the others and collected only pink orbs and was awarded Espeon at the end. It will save the pokemon to your account, and when Dream World becomes active you can transfer it there.

BTW Damned, if ya get a minute... FC: 4298 2424 2564

There's a flash game up on pokemon.com that lets you befriend a dreamworld Eeveelution if you play through all four levels of it, and you'll be able to transfer it to your normal game once dreamworld becomes available.

It's basically arkanoid. The Eeveelutions are different from normal ones because they all have their hidden dreamworld ability, even though only Espeon, Leafeon and Vaporeon are probably worth getting for it.

The physics in that game can go eat a bowl of dicks. I swear whoever programmed the bounce against the platform made it pick a random number for the rebound angle instead of using actual math.

Anyway, I chose Espeon once I finally made it through all stages. Although mine worked fine, I've heard frequent reports of the game failing to save your choice properly, requiring you to play again to get a second/third/etc. chance.

Man I remember

Alleyway's ball physics on the original Gameboy actually behaved similarly but perhaps better. That said I've made my choice~!

fbfcf35f1c1d20f3b12bfa3.jpg