Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

www.smogon.com

And yeah, to make it even semi-competitive it requires a pretty complicated banlist of various abilities and mons.

"No evasion moves/items, 1HKO moves, Ubers, or drizzle+swiftswim on the same team." Isn't really that complicated

Granted they look to be adding a few more rules to this gen,but since the metagame for Gen 5 hasn't even been established yet it isn't a very good baseline to use for competitive rules right now.

I'll be making a team in the battle thingy at some point, it's nice to see people actually want to play with it now, last time I did (only it was with the predecessor shoddy battle) people pretty much refused to use it for whatever reason.

Man, what the hell?

When I went to use game sync, my friendcode changed AGAIN.

Hopefully this is the last time it changes.

NEW FRIENCODE: 2537 3834 6962

EDIT: after changing my fc, the game sync decided to run out of batteries as if i actually used the damn thing and now i gotta wait before i can actually use this thing

yay

I can't seem to get anything on Dream World to do anything at all.

I have sent one pokémon to it, but it just says "this pokémon isn't dreaming yet" and then that's it. I'm guessing this takes time.

The instructions on the site are kind of basic and seem to be glossing over a lot of the details about what to do and how.

Plus, I can't seem to get the Eevee evolution that I played that stupid block game for. Anyone got theirs yet?

Also, when I click on Dream World on the site, it tells me that it's processing my registration data and that it could take five minutes or more... and it's been over an hour.

I'm chalking this all up to server load from lots of people trying at the same time. I suppose I should try later tonight.

I can't seem to get anything on Dream World to do anything at all.

I have sent one pokémon to it, but it just says "this pokémon isn't dreaming yet" and then that's it. I'm guessing this takes time.

The instructions on the site are kind of basic and seem to be glossing over a lot of the details about what to do and how.

Plus, I can't seem to get the Eevee evolution that I played that stupid block game for. Anyone got theirs yet?

Also, when I click on Dream World on the site, it tells me that it's processing my registration data and that it could take five minutes or more... and it's been over an hour.

I'm chalking this all up to server load from lots of people trying at the same time. I suppose I should try later tonight.

I got Eevee-lutions! Wanna trade?

Third time in a row that I get to the 14th fight in Battle Subway, and a Basculin sweeps my whole team. Three different teams, too.

Fuck the Battle Subway.

It seems that not only do the AI trainers there use perfect IV, natured and EV trained Pokemon, but they also arrange teams to make the best counter to yours.

The rest is coin-flipping, like when you have two pokémon with the exact same speed stat, the game will randomly decide who goes first. Then you get stuff like multiple critical hits from something that isn't boosting crits, or having your high accuracy moves missing over and over, while their low accuracy moves are hitting every time over and over.

The Battle Subway AI does cheat, a little. You just have to figure out how it does it, and then counter it. Thankfully, the AI isn't that complicated, so once you know its tricks, it can't adjust accordingly.

I believe there are some ways to cheese it yourself, though I'm not entirely sure if they're failsafe. I think it was something that involved using Trick to give your opponent a choice item, then switch out and set up on him with Swords Dance/Dragon Dance/Nasty Plot/Something and use priority attacks like Mach Punch/Aqua Jet to OHKO anything. With maxed out attack/Sp. attack, anything that's not immune or 4x resistant will probably be OHKO'd. You basically abuse the fact that AI opponents rarely switch out.

Actually I thought this out a bit and came up with this, should basically be a failsafe strategy: Use some fast pokemon resistant to Ice, Dragon and Rock (Steel Types would work) with a Choice Scarf and Trick as a lead, and a Dragonite with Dragon Dance/Waterfall/Dragon Claw/Roost (Water/Dragon coverage won't get resisted by anything you encounter in the battle subway except Empoleon). If you're doing EV training stuff the Dragonite should have maxed out HP and Special Defense so he can shrug off the Choiced attacks.

In battle use Trick to put the Choice Scarf on the enemy pokemon, check out the move he does (most likely not Ice/Rock/Dragon since you resist it). Switch into Dragonite, use Dragon Dance 6 times while your opponent is trying to dent you with what is hopefully a neutral or resisted attack, Roost if you need to, then proceed to outspeed and OHKO everything. Dragonite is resistant to both Mach Punch and Aqua Jet so priority attacks shouldn't be much of an issue.