Pokémon Black/White: V-Create Victini on Nintendo WiFi until Dec 31st!

The Damned

So, is there some super-obvious way of getting Dream Pals that I'm missing? I figured you would be able to select from people you have registered in the Pal Pad, but that doesn't seem to be it...

I have the feeling that once again Game Freak has made something that should be elementary be instead incredibly annoying.

From what I've gathered, you have to randomly come across someone's home while you're in the Dream World (perhaps both of you have to be on a the same time, I could be wrong) but even then 90% of the time it'll likely be some random stranger and not someone from your in-game Pal-Pad.

So, finally saved up enough to afford this game (fucking textbooks... >_<). Man, WOW. Upgrade. I'm loving the new feel of the battle system; it's so much faster and more responsive. I don't feel like I'm wasting time battling wild Pokès anymore.

Chose Sumgleaf as my starter; Oshawott is cute, but smug > cute. This is going to be the first time I play thought a main story forcing myself to have less than 6 on my team, too, so... we'll see how that goes. Should make leveling easier, but I'm worried about move diversity. Audino is AWESOME, oh man, I'm going to grind the fuck out of that guy.

Just started, so about to tackle the second gym. Playing a lot of dream world, grinding for dream points. Didn't know this, but apparently you can play so many minigames on Dream Island that the game locks you out of finding anymore Pokèmon OR berries until you make a wish; I got up to about ~400 points before that happened, but still interesting to know. Apparently, you have to trade FCs on your cart AND meet with that person on Wi-Fi at least once in-game before you can go to their dream thing. Which is a pain in the ass for trying to water my friend's plants, since I only have FCs I got off of Facebook so far, and I have no need to go online yet.

Oh, and an FYI: apparently people have been getting the Damned's problem of >24 hours between syncs more than normal; it seems to be a glitch that just needs ironing out (if the site is to be believed). Sucks, but I don't think there is a workaround outside of being lucky or just waiting it out.

Anyway, FC is 4598 9629 6430, version is Black. ...I should be getting back to writing a paper, but this game is calling me why must it torture me... T_T

Actually, yeah. That's why I don't buy them anymore.
I fundamentally disagree with Nintendo's business practices on Pokemon...
Again, that's why I don't buy Pkmn games anymore.

Sooo... what happened there, Jack? You were talking about not buying any more pokémon games, with all these reasons why...and here you are, buying the newest one and enjoying it. Just curious as to what changed your mind.

Also, which starter did you get? In case any one wants to trade for one they don't have.

EDIT: Also, redid the list so it's in alphabetical order, should be easier to get the FC of someone you want now.

If you really have to know, the deciding factor was peer review and the online component; I also liked being locked out of all of the proceeding Pokèmon, because it gave the game less of a "hey, let's just cram new Pokès in there" feel, and more of a "hey, let's craft a new game only for the new guys" feel. Also, Team Plasma; their arguments about Pokècaptivity are valid ones, and I think I'd agree with them if they weren't such monumental dicks and didn't undermine their own thesis at every turn.

Seriously, a Pokèmon game that's not only self-referencing, but poses an actually relevant question about its own nature for analysis? Yeah, I'd like to support that.

Also, Snivy was my starter, but I refuse to call it that; it should have been named Smugleaf, and so Smugleaf it shall stay. To this day, the only time I've ever really been happy the game let me nickname Pokèmon.

Also, over 24 hours since I signed up for Dream World... and still not able to get onto it.

I was having a similar problem... the loading screen would simply stay at 0%.

Then I tried it on a different computer and it went through in a matter of seconds. It consistantly refuses to connect from my usual computer. So... yeah.

I have to say, I'm rather disappointed that the time of day has absolutely zero influence on catch rates. It just seems to take away from some of the fun and surprise when just about everything that will ever be there is there.

You go here: http://en.pokemon-gl.com/

If you don't have an account yet go here: https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/pgl/signup/

Once you have an account there you can link it to your gamecard through the GameSync ID you've been given the first time you connect, and before you put a Poke to sleep. After that, you may access the Dream World once every 24 hours through the first site I linked.

Once you've signed into the Pokemon GL site, you can click on the "Dream World" square near the bottom of the page and if Fennel has finished processing your registration, you may play in the Dream World (website) for one hour for today. You may plant berries, set items collected in the Dream World on your Share Shelf, decorate your home (when you get furniture) and most importantly, visit the Dream Isle and explore the Pleasant Forest so you can befriend Pokemon (by playing mini games) and find items. :3 Be warned that you must have 1 berry to offer to the Dream Tree at the end of the path so you can trade in one of the pokemon you befriended in the Pleasant Forest into your game. Once the Dream World posts your chosen Pokemon on the Pal Board in your home, you can disconnect from the Dream World and sync the game again by "waking up" the Pokemon you put to sleep. You may then find the Pokemon you transferred over in the Entree forest on your game card. *phew* I hope I helped. ^^v

Yeah, it would have been a bit better as something more like HG/SSs PokéWalker. In fact, that would have not only been easier to use, but even more intuitive.

I get what they were trying to do with the Dream World, but they should have set it up on the DS, not the PC. Plus, all the restrictions on using it and how much you can access, like having to get thousands of points to be able to randomly find certain pokémon... I've been active as much as I can be, over the last four days, and I'm only at 400 points. How long will I have to play it to get to the point where I can actually so more? Weeks? Months?

In all honesty it's not even at all addictive. :x Maybe if they threw in some exclusive items and the decoration mechanic was on your game cart, I would be more excited about it. And if the decorations were more like in Gold/Silver/Ruby/Sapphire/Diamond/Pearl. The Flash home decoration aspect doesn't draw much attention from me.