Some incredible CG

Swann

I am going to reiterate the same sentiment: :o

Apparently there are some repeating textures here and there but I sure as hell didn't notice them.. he's like... a sculptor, architect, furniture maker.. all rolled into a CGI artist.

edit: there are some live shots - the sky, the airplane, some growing flowers, pigeons, etc. he discusses them in the comments.

I am going to reiterate the same sentiment: :o

Apparently there are some repeating textures here and there but I sure as hell didn't notice them.. he's like... a sculptor, architect, furniture maker.. all rolled into a CGI artist.

edit: there are some live shots - the sky, the airplane, some growing flowers, pigeons, etc. he discusses them in the comments.

Less important than the repeated textures, is the repeated objects.

He picks his angels really well, and most of his scenes uses the same object AT LEAST 3 times. (pillars, chairs, doors, the polaroids, etcs). Which really helps his render time, too.

As far as straight up modelling goes, he picked a LOT of really simple objects aside from the cameras themselves, but the lighting and texturing is fricken immaculate.

With good texturing/shaders/dramatic realistic lighting, you can pretty much pull off anything even WITH really simple objects.

Edit: Except the marble. The marble is so bad it PAINS me. Seriously wtf is that about guy? :|

Pretty much this though: http://www.vimeo.com/8200251

Compositing and lighting marvel. he makes very little go a LONG way.

I did notice that a lot of the books on the shelves were the same - more so that the shelves were duplicated, not the books (I'm not going to go back and rewatch it for the details but I suppose he used some of the same book objects w/different textures on them)...would have been kind of cool to see a lot more unique shelf layouts since it wouldn't be too hard to just make more book-on-shelf arrangements.

Did you guys notice he also wrote all the music and did all the sound design?!

You would say that, lol. I thought he said he orchestrated the music based on two other works. But, whatever he did, the music was very poignant in this piece, as he did a good job of tying the music into scenes/events/actions.

Neato.

Most of the architecture makes me think of Gattaca, though that wasn't really triggered until the scene with the rocket taking off. A fair bit of it made me think of a level in Halo 2 (or is it3? I can't remember) and the Venture Compound; and a couple of shots made me think of Metroid: Prime.