OCR01175 - Mega Man 2 "Chillout"

This is a good piece. At first I didn´t think much of it, but now I listened to it again and it works. I like it, but somehow I think that this remix has more to offer. There´s something missing, this needs more EDGE. I don´t know what I mean, but I feel like this just doesn´t build up to its potential.

But then again this is a moody song and works fine the way it is, calm and simple and without any bigger tricks up its sleeves. Maybe this has just been heard too many times (Dr Wily theme AND the bombastic piano/strings/hiphopbeat-moody style). AND just to split hairs here, the piano needs more groove. Now it sounds like sequenced and maybe a bit lifeless. BUT thats not an issue really.

But good work all in all. No one can deny that.

• 3 weeks later...

The is by far one of my favorite (possibly my favorite) remixes on this site... I don't really have anything unique to say about it, I just wanna say how much I like it, great job :o , it is a little repetitive, but I like it so much I enjoy the repeating. It's been on my playlist a long time :wink:

I lose the count of how many times I heard this song.

The piano delay fullfill every part of the song and was very good choice, given much energy for the piano.

The vocal made a good signature for the remix.

Drums, guitar and synth participate without being boring, execute the flows and transitions very well.

SEDUCTiON, continue like this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Excellent tune. Quality material. The Secret of Mana'ish piano is spellbinding, coupled with the live vocals. I am the first to not like the synth-guitarish sound, but that is just a personal bias, it works fine in the song. One day a remix with a live electric guitar could possibly put this in another league, which would be a difficult feat considering how nice it already is. I don't think my personal bias should affect my review of the tune, and it is definitely a 10/10 mix. Kudos!

A song full of emotion and groove. I think people need to 'chillout' and take this song in with a big breath.

Those vocals... they creep me out and amaze me at the same time. Sounds like a wolf! ooohw.

This mix is good sleepy time music, sad music, relax music, chill music etc.

9.7/10

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No Huhhuh.Äijällä on näkemystä.

I was (tired)arriving from Rovaniemi to Helsinki(Both in Finland) with train and in Lapland there

was this ruska(donnow what is it in english :?: ,leaves of the trees turn yellow and red)thing going on and I was sitting in the train and watching the this beatiful but melancholy landscape rolling by and listening this from my laptop.

There are these perfect moments in life when you are in your own

"bubble" and everything else escapes and you just hope that the bubble lasts a little longer before it pops. I had that moment in the train with this song and when the guitar comes out near the end...especially then everything was in it's place for that moment. I don't know did you intent to have a little finnish melancholy in the song, but I must admid that there it is. And I love it :D:D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I admit the style isn't for everyone. Many people I know said they didn't care for how slow it was, or the choral part...

But i can say without hesitation that this is my personal favorite OC Remix and a fantastic song that makes any list of great songs i have currently playing in my car. It strays far enough from the original song to be called its own beast, and I am very grateful it made its way to the Internet for me to enjoy.

Super.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would have to say this is my favorite mix of all time as of yet. The choir solo in the beginning is beautiful, absolutly beautiful.

I have listened to this no less that 300 times. sometimes 20 in a row, because it just flows so well and is just my style, all the time.

a great mix and a must have. get it!

excellent work, you have earned my respect.

• 1 month later...

Edit:

Are we sure the remixer is male? I mean, the name is Joni, and the handle is SEDUCTION. Just wondering if this wasn't one of those flubs made just because there are so few female remixers...

Joni is exclusively a male name in Finland. Also be advised that in Finland the law forbids giving children names of the opposite sex.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01175 - Mega Man 2 "Chillout"