Resident Evil 4: Serenity, Silent Hill Origins: Battledrums and...

Catullus

The Cube (movie) ending credits.

They all have the same theme in common and Im wondering if anyone knows the backstory behind it. There has to be something and I figured since it features prominently in a few video games if anyone out there knows they would probably be on this website.

Resident Evil 4: Serenity is famous as the save room music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz5zgLj03Ic

The Cube is a movie that came out in 97' way before RE4 obviously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miUU6vBBdwo you hear the same melody that is repeated in Serenity first a glimpse at 1:28 and then much more obvious at 2:20

Then there is battle drums on the Silent Hill Origins soundtrack.

Where you hear the same melody at the very beginning and then again at the end at 2:04

It cant be coincidence. If i had to describe the melody it would be something like a peaceful whales song in space.

Its probably in a few more things too, anyone know anything about the backstory? I would be indebted to you if you could shed any light behind this melody as Its been on my mind for a very long time now. At least a few years.

Huh. Usually when these threads pop up there's little to no similarity and ridicule ensues... But there's certainly no doubt there's some strong similarities between these.

Whether it's a connection or a shared source sound of some sort, or whether it's just coincidence or composers ripping off composers... I've no idea.

• 1 month later...

Alright I'll assume no one knows the answer but does anyone have any suggestions of where else might be a good place to ask/look into this?

I cant really think of anything outside of the unlikely chance I can get ahold of one of the creators of these songs.

• 3 weeks later...