OCR01176 - Ice Climber "Snow Cone Heaven"

I was a little dissapointed by this - not really for any reasons arrangementwise or really anything technical. Mazedude has essentially perfected his sound and does it very well. I was mainly dissapointed that most of Mazedude's other mixes that feature pretty complex soundscapes, and in comparison, this seems dulled down. It's not a bad mix by any means - it's a fun mix, like a lot of the stuff Mazedude does, and it's pulled off pretty well. I just feel like he went on autopilot on here instead of putting his usual attention to detail into this.

In the end, it still results in a pretty enjoyable piece of music - but it's not nearly as fulfilling as even some of his earlier "fun" mixes.

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa, not enough replies for how awesome this song is. Mazedude, you rock. This mix is right up there with the Plok Title Jam. If in the mood (and I usually am) I'll put the song on loop and start tapping away. Someone earlier said something about the samples, but I'd say they fit perfectly. Love everything about this mix. :)

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This remix was so freaking AWESOME! It´s clearly funny, got alot of speed, and the spirit of the more older but not useless musicstyles. To not make a fool of myself, I will not try to guess from with age, but as I said: this mix is awesome, a definite proof why Mazedude is an excellent remixer. The marimba handled the melody with ease, the dark piano gave it some style to it, accompanied with an extra band with trumpets and other stuff making this an remix that is worth your attention and downloading abilities.

I haven´t myself played the game as much, but this sure convinces me.

• 2 years later...

I have to admit when I saw the game was Ice Climber, I was expecting this to kindof suck. Mazedude's name added to it gave me some confidence that it'd be a creative version of a bad song, but actually hearing it, I am super impressed and charmed by it. Shame on me for my game-bias. ;_;

I completely disagree with the guy who called this one dulled down (and would even go so far as to call him a n00b), as this one is not only full of interesting flourishes and solos, breakdowns and additional sections, that if this is "Mazedude on autopilot", the rest of us should just give up on music forever.

Some of the samples could be better, but they are all used very well, and tastefully, as well as to their strengths. I wish the marimba solo didn't sound as mechanical as it did, but minor issues in an otherwise stellar mix.

Super recommended; don't be like me and dismiss it just because it's Ice Climber.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

This is so completely different from everything I've heard from Mazedude, I wouldn't have guessed it was his music in a million years!

I dunno what's supposedly wrong with the source tune, I never had any problems with it and I actually enjoyed the Smash Bros. rendition of the tune immensely. However, this is on a whole another level. The complexity of the piano as well as all the other extra instruments involved really create something that blows your hair back as you listen to it.

Definitely not what I expected from Mazedude but it's a perfect fit for the Ice Climber music!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Man, Mazedude never stops surprising! I expected to hear anything but such sick jazz mix. The piano & vibraphone just shine in this mix, they're extremely awesome. And the rest of instrumentation create a very nice backing. So it turns out this mix is a standout piece of music. But did you really expected anything else from Chris?

Ha, this is cool! It's like boogie woogie/rock'n roll mixed with electronic music.

The piano sequencing is maybe a bit unrealistic, but the writing is great. It sounds so simple, but when you listen closely, you can here that  there is actually some creative and detailed writing going on.

Fun ReMix with a lot of charm.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01176 - Ice Climber "Snow Cone Heaven"