Every Worldmap Song From Every Final Fantasy

Tekkaxe

So I got this idea for a massive mix, sort of in commemoration of one of the greatest gaming series out there. Thus, I fired up FL studio and had at it:

http://vimeo.com/9137990

(HD render, hosted on vimeo cuz youtube was being a hater.)

The source tune is(are, rather) the worldmap songs from Final Fantasy(sies) 1 through 9.

Make yourself a sandwich (or some hot cocoa. it's winter, afterall) and give it a listen. Feedback is welcomed.

-GK

*EDIT*:A download link has been added to the video. Also, grab it here, http://www.mediafire.com/file/iylnwgwzmzi/GK-ff_adecadeoftravels.mp3

Thanks Wolfmizu! I just added a download link via mediafire.

As for balancing out the levels, I used a combo of multiple instances of FL Studio 9's "Fruity Limiter" on certain channels, messing with it's limiting and compressing functions, and "Equo" and "Fruity Limiter" on the master track. Then I tweaked the levels on the mixer until it sounded just right.

I also tried to keep certain instruments in certain roles so that even though I transitioned from song to song, things wouldn't get too confusing, audio-wise.

Awww man! That is truely awesome. Talk about a Remix that ups the Nostalgia :D

The transitions from Track to Track is very smooth too!

Beginning and Ending with the Prelude was very cool :)

Only suggestion i can make is too try and make it sound a bit less the same throughout - i dunno lol

I also tried to keep certain instruments in certain roles so that even though I transitioned from song to song, things wouldn't get too confusing, audio-wise.

Fun mix! But what you call "confusing" I call "interesting." I wouldn't be afraid to change up the instruments--twelve minutes is quite a length for even the greatest of timbres.

I would also reconsider your generous use of cymbals in the FF1 sections, starting at 0:58 and 1:21. It is pretty funny, though. ;)

Whoa, thanks for all the feedback everyone, especially for giving me 12+ minutes of your time like that. Your listens and responses are greatly appreciated!

@Nubioso: Yeah, that file size limit may be problematic. Even at a more reasonable bitrate, it's still a hefty mp3.

@Johnny B: Thanks for the tip on the cymbals in FF1. I didn't even consider that may need to pull back a bit.

• 1 month later...