OCR01983 - Animal Crossing "Letting Go"

djpretzel

This one's easily my favorite mix of OA's; silky smoove stuff. Much like Final Fantasy Adventure 'Wish Upon a Wendellian Star' for Big Giant Circles, 'Letting Go' is also the one that locked me into seeing Andrew as a possible judge. It's a great contribution to K.K. Setlist and I'm very glad we finally have it up here. Nice work! :nicework:

OA, can you make mixes like this for every one of K.K.'s songs, so I can upload this into my wii and have that play whenever I'm in my house? 'Cause I like this, I like this a lot. K.K. Chorale is probably my least fave of K.K's ditties, but you can certainly turn it into something I really enjoy. Great stuff, major kudos!

Whoa. Nicely done, OA! I was in a really bad mood today (bad class and worse argument with a good friend), so I came here just to write a pissy thread. Instead, I found this. It reminds me of when my Animal Crossing town was one of the more important things I had to worry about...

In short, you've written a smooth, recognizable, and soothing tune that harkens back to easier days. You saved OCR from a pissed-off angry thread, and, if possible, you've heightened even further my respect for your musical abilities. I'd say that's a pretty good song, right there. Thanks, man!

This was my favorite song off of K.K. Setlist and it continues to stay that way now :-) It's one of the relatively-few songs from that project that really felt like a complete song that was ready to see the light of day - the polish and attention to little sonic details is just what I'd expect from Andrew :-) The acoustic guitar riffs felt slightly out of place, maybe just because of the tone, and there was a bit of bleeding between notes as Willrock pointed out to me.

Nothing was there that stopped me from enjoying this one just as much as any of OA's songs that I've heard so far, though. Nice work dude :-D

This is really good! I could tell how much you care about the source straight from the beginning. The synth work is almost all great, and doesn't obstruct at all from the directness or emotion behind the mix. I could say the same about the whole thing - it doesn't feel like a collection of synths and effects, but a living, breathing piece of music. It's nice when I can really hear how much a person cares about what they're mixing, like I can here.

Andrew has done something here that both does justice to it and stands on its own as a piece of music. This is the kind of mix that shows me that there's something special to remixing, and I should stick with it. Really great stuff, dude.

Edited by ella guroa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I absolutely LOVE the synth in this one (probably my favorite synth work on OC overall). The song just sounds so beautiful and really evolves the source so it has the same feel to it but is actually listenable (I didn't like K.K.'s voice..)

I'll be honest, I don't believe I ever heard the source on this even though I played the game a LOT. (Except maybe the aircheck but I wouldn't remember). I went back to listen to it and you did the source great justice OA. Keep up the good work. : )

There needs to be more Animal Crossing remixes. It's one of the few games I'd say that needs it. This remix is proof.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ahhhh, what a nice and peaceful piece of music. It really does sound like friendship theme with a bit of a pop edge to it. Love the piano in here and I actually almost got a "you are my sunshine" feeling out of it right before the second minute. The synths were done very well in this ReMix and this is a well-needed song for getting a smile back on gloomy days. Beautiful stuff, great job.

I shall stab at OA's final form by reviewing HIS OWN WORK! BAHAHA! I see Crulex has already done the same. BRAVO!

As for the review, this song has always been enjoyable to me. A nice mellow track that does portray the title quite well. This song, to me, fits the theme of "letting go" of something. Maybe it's one's past, or some regrets, or a lost lover. Whatever it may be, this song would work as backing for a scene of someone letting go of something.

Nice work, OA! now if only this was the final blow. also, this will have no context once this month is over

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01983 - Animal Crossing "Letting Go"