itt a Perfect Dark Meatsim scares the shit out of a Room mate

Wacky

I write this as my friends have left or gone to sleep, quite afraid of the quiet little N64 in my living room.

We were playing Perfect Dark.

Nothing wrong with that! I have every Nintendo device since the NES, and so every now and then my mates and I get drunk, plug in the N64, and go crazy. We are playing temple, 4 players, 4 meatsims, and a variety of weapons. (The Meatsims are for lols.)

We're having a ball, when a meatsim trots up to me, stands 2 metres away from me, takes out two cyclones, and empties two clips using the alt fire.

Doesn't scratch me.

I laugh and despatch the fellow with 2 shots from a Falcon 2 to the brain.

I turn around to chase more quarry, and find, to my shock and horror...

The Meatsim has emptied into the wall behind me a perfect set of divots outlining an oval. A PERFECT OVAL.

That meatsim was fucking with me. I swear to all that is good and holy, that meatsim sat there and fired a perfect circle around me and didn't hit me because he held me in that much contempt (And was probably programmed to do so.)

I don't think I shall be sleeping well tonight. My room mate is positively convinced the N64 is going to kill us all for using the PS3 too much.

Mine's been planting, sometimes stacking, as many remote mines as possible in one spot, trigger a wave of enemies to come through it and make it explode. I also liked to go invisible, plant as many mines as I can through out the snowbound facilities and imagine all those guards flying into the air as I set them off.

lastly I'd often tried to play entire maps using only shotguns on both arms while trying to complete the missions.

Mine's been planting, sometimes stacking, as many remote mines as possible in one spot, trigger a wave of enemies to come through it and make it explode. I also liked to go invisible, plant as many mines as I can through out the snowbound facilities and imagine all those guards flying into the air as I set them off.

lastly I'd often tried to play entire maps using only shotguns on both arms while trying to complete the missions.

Yeah, multiplayer Goldeneye matches often ended when one of my friends (or me) turned a corner and bumped their face on a stack of proximity mines that looked like a horizontal impression of the leaning tower of Pisa. There was more than one occasion where this action killed all of us simultaniously due to the resulting explosion, and the chance happening that we were all very closeby.

Heard similar antics in PD, but i wasn't around when they had that game.

And lets not forget how fun it was on the snow level to sit somewhere and snipe of the enemy soldiers as they would come at you indefinitely.

I loved playing Perfect Dark. I just wish I knew people back then that also loved playing it.

Also, my one problem with the game was that they tried to work too much in the way of graphics into the game. It felt cluttered and it was sometimes hard to work out what was what when playing on either a small or a darker screen. If they could've redone the graphics, I would love it to death even more.

We're talkin' about N64, right?

If you want to have an extremely annoying game, get a friend and put on these settings:

1x Peacesim

1x Kaisersim

2x Cloaking Devices

4x Rocket Launchers

Play this on a team with a friend, and be sure the sims are all Dark difficulty... Goddamnit, you can't lose, because one sim doesn't kill and the other will always kill himself when he kills you, but it's freaky as shit trying to outsmart invisible sims... I think it took a friend and I about 2 hours to beat a 20 point match, lol.