The SEGA Zone Console

Sindra

With Sega's official endorsement, did they help the creator's build a machine that will properly replicate the Genesis? That's the downfall of most of these retro-throwback systems. I remember the Nessiah (or something like that) released about five years ago with huge hype online only to crash when everyone learned it was utter garbage.

Even popular systems like the RetroDuo and FCTwin aren't perfect, so I'm curious whether a company's endorsement might help this one. If it does, this thing might be worth it...

Looks like it would shatter if you dropped it... or picked it up... or looked at it a little funny.

Yeah...the other thing too is the controller. The big beef I have with the FCTwin and friends is that they use their own BS controller, which in my mind feels like using something from Dollar Zone to play. Totally not cool.

I'unno 'bout this one. If it has the Genesis controller ports, re-released cartridges (*coughWILYWARScough) and the Wiimote bit isn't turbosuck, it might be worth it. Otherwise...with respect to Sega, they just aren't a console company any more.

My reactions were:

... wtf

oh hey, that's kind of neat

... WTF?!

meh...

I think this has potential if it's internet connected, and lets you download and run classic games from all old consoles, but as just a box full of sega games... it's kind of lackluster. Especially for the price.

For an 80s gamer like me, I'd LOVE to hook up all my old consoles in the closet, but simply can't due to room/connector/outlet limitations. A single, small, easily updated console that could play everything from those old consoles would be fantastic. I'd gladly pay a few bucks to play Chrono Trigger and other classics on my TV again without dealing with buggy emus and modded consoles.

Even popular systems like the RetroDuo and FCTwin aren't perfect' date=' so I'm curious whether a company's endorsement might help this one. If it does, this thing might be worth it...[/quote']

I wouldn't hold my breath on it. All these clone systems have had one problem or another acting like the original system they're based on. Games not playing due to special chips, the sound being off in pitch, graphical issues... all sorts of fun stuff.

If you want a Genesis, get a Genesis. Then you're guaranteed to be able to play all the games.

Uh... I have no idea what the objective in that game is...

In the levels the video showed you have to kill all the bad bugs around the flowers so the other hummingbirds can get to them.

Later in the game the levels change, some are auto scrolling while others require you to explore caves and such.

It may look strange but it's actually pretty cool.