Anyone know these sprite movies?

Darknut

There were a few sprite movies that were made around 2005/2006 that I remember were really good, but I can't seem to find them anymore. I guess I never bookmarked the site they were on and I don''t know who made them.

They were a series of Super Mario Bros (utilizing the original NES sprites) movies and a Mega Man one. The Mario ones consisted of a bunch of huge epic Matrix-like battles with Mario and Bowser. And I remember the other one having Mega Man ambushed by ALL of the robot masters from 1-6 and a huge battle ensued.

Anyone remember these?

Here, let me google that for you.

Actually, no. I'm not going to. I just looked it up on google, and I found dozens of links to hundreds of Mario flash animations. The list on Newgrounds was full of them, with a preview to show you which ones were which. It took less then twenty seconds to find the ones you were looking for.

I'm not even going to be polite about it. You could have easily looked it up in less time than it would have taken to post here and then wait for others to find it for you. It's a basic skill that even children can do. I have a 4 year old nephew that can use Youtube to watch videos about cats and LEGO, and he can't even spell yet.

Seriously? You never thought to just... search for it?

Actually, no. I'm not going to. I just looked it up on google, and I found dozens of links to hundreds of Mario flash animations. The list on Newgrounds was full of them, with a preview to show you which ones were which. It took less then twenty seconds to find the ones you were looking for.

I'm not even going to be polite about it. You could have easily looked it up in less time than it would have taken to post here and then wait for others to find it for you. It's a basic skill that even children can do. I have a 4 year old nephew that can use Youtube to watch videos about cats and LEGO, and he can't even spell yet.

chill the FUCK out dude, it really pisses me off to see people like you get so far up their ass that they can get away with being pricks to new and lesser known users. yeah, it's 2010, i think a lot of people understand the use of google and what it's there for. doesn't mean you need to berate a guy for posting a thread for some insight from actual people who might know what he's talking about and even possibly discuss the content itself. if you have no decency to be polite, like fuck if i'm gonna comply myself. take it to IRC and dick around with your butt buddies there if you feel so inclined to be ridiculous. what a disappointment

chill the FUCK out dude, it really pisses me off to see people like you get so far up their ass that they can get away with being pricks to new and lesser known users. yeah, it's 2010, i think a lot of people understand the use of google and what it's there for. doesn't mean you need to berate a guy for posting a thread for some insight from actual people who might know what he's talking about and even possibly discuss the content itself. if you have no decency to be polite, like fuck if i'm gonna comply myself. take it to IRC and dick around with your butt buddies there if you feel so inclined to be ridiculous. what a disappointment

There's no obligation for him to be polite, nor is there any obligation for any one to give a serious response; Encouraged but not enforced. Nonetheless the only one here that needs to chill out is you considering your reaction towards a post that had not been directed towards you. :lol:

So yeah newgrounds would be any ones best bet at finding megaman flashes; though besides the Queen's one I can't think of any that are worth watching. Also I believe Darknut is referring to SMBZ.

http://vglag.com/smbz/

Knock yourself out darknut.

Seriously? You never thought he's just... trying to cut out a shitload of trial and error. Mario flash animations are a dime a dozen, with the majority being utter crap. I'd find ways to try and avoid the shit too.

As for Mario flashes fitting the description... Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom is the closest I can think for that, it parodied the Matrix... a lot. The author based it off of another animation that took forever to finish, but I can't remember the name of it.

If he can't even take the single effort of googling it first, and instead comes here and asks everyone to find it for him, then too bad.

I looked up "super mario flash movie" and found the exact one he was talking about. It was the second result. It had a picture next to it, showing what it was about. It took five seconds to start watching it. The description even said it was a parody of the Matrix.

He could have done it, but instead he decided to let others try for him. Fuck him and his laziness. Attitudes like that piss me off.

If he can't even take the single effort of googling it first, and instead comes here and asks everyone to find it for him, then too bad.

I looked up "super mario flash movie" and found the exact one he was talking about. It was the second result. It had a picture next to it, showing what it was about. It took five seconds to start watching it. The description even said it was a parody of the Matrix.

He could have done it, but instead he decided to let others try for him. Fuck him and his laziness. Attitudes like that piss me off.

Wow. Don't be so presumptuous. I had already searched Google, Youtube, and Newgrounds before I even created this topic. The videos I have been looking for are not Super Mario Reloaded, Super Mario Bros Z, Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom, or Mario's Last Battle. The ones I'm looking for have mostly NES sprites and apparently aren't as popular as other sprite movies. When I originally saw them they were on someone's personal website, and I'm not even sure if they are available on other sites as well. Unfortunately, I don't remember a whole lot of details about them, however one of the videos was similar to Mario's Last Battle.

I did not ask anyone to search for them. I hope no one feels obliged to. If someone doesn't know what videos I'm talking about, they'll probably have a harder time finding them than me. What I WAS hoping for was that maybe someone else had seen them before and perhaps remembered the names or the site they were on. Kind of a shot in the dark for some apparently obscure videos, but I thought I'd try.

Anyway, I searched Youtube extensively and had no luck. I'm pretty sure it's not on there. They still might be on Newgrounds though as I admit I haven't watched every single Mega Man or Mario video on there yet. I'll continue searching there.

Oh wow. I almost thought you had found it! It is very very similar to this series which I do remember seeing around the same time. That's not it, but it has jogged my memory. The first episode of the ones I'm looking for had Mario fighting Bowser in his castle above the lava pit (similar to Mario's Last Battle - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/389825). But during their fight they end up fighting outside the castle - around the flag pole. At some point the flag pole gets broken and they start fighting in the World 1-1 stage. They finally end up back in the castle and bowser falls in the lava pit. I believe in episode 2, he comes back as dry bones bowser.

After seeing the one you posted a link for, I realized I really should have tried omitting "super" and seeing what I can find. Thanks!

Oh wow. I almost thought you had found it! It is very very similar to this series which I do remember seeing around the same time. That's not it, but it has jogged my memory. The first episode of the ones I'm looking for had Mario fighting Bowser in his castle above the lava pit (similar to Mario's Last Battle - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/389825). But during their fight they end up fighting outside the castle - around the flag pole. At some point the flag pole gets broken and they start fighting in the World 1-1 stage. They finally end up back in the castle and bowser falls in the lava pit. I believe in episode 2, he comes back as dry bones bowser.

After seeing the one you posted a link for, I realized I really should have tried omitting "super" and seeing what I can find. Thanks!

That's it! Thanks so much. Brings back memories. I just found it on Newgrounds as well. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/268848 it's faster and smoother.

And here's the other episode (huh, I thought there was more to that series):

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/332961

And the Mega Man one:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/332961