OCR01181 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Sonik Elektronik"

This is one of those songs where from the first second I heard it, I knew I was going to like it, and it just keeps getting better. This is fun, funky, and makes me want to get up and dance. And that's no lie. Rayza is quickly moving up the charts as one of my favorite Remixers as I discover more of his work. I loved Guile (R.A.H. Mix), I loved Green Hill ('95 Euroclub Mix), I loved Ice Cap (Frozen Knuckles) Remix, and I love this. Another job well done by Rayza.

impressively good! The groove keeps my head waving for almost the whole song, and the sounds are perfectly chosen.

Small vo-coded text here and there together with sfx keep the interrest along the loop.

bravissimo

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow. Just...wow. The only possible way to describe this is "funky". Good funky, though. Anyways, I liked the original song (despite the fact that the level, ESPECIALLY the boss, pissed the hell out of me)and this managed to adhere to the original structure pretty well while still providing a very original variation. Definitely going on the favorites list.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This was one of my faves. I loved the 80's vibe. I have a whole family that loves and lives off the 80's. They keep it on their playlist to dance to when cleaning the house. I loved the arrangement and how it was pulled off. It's most definitely my favorite of the Marble Garden songs.

• 1 year later...

Ah, music to really move to.

I was an eighties baby, and Sega + 80s electronica/synthpop is pretty much my early childhood (before Nintendo corrupted me and made me their whore), so this mix nestles quite nicely into that part of the brain that controls nostalgia.

Really catchy beat, archaic as it may sound. Very nice pacing and momentum. I love how it just keeps on dancing and changing its style on the fly. That is so 80s. That is so Sonic.

I get the sense that Rayza could make slick, fun-as-fuck electronica like this with his eyes closed, but that might be discrediting the tremendous amount of time and effort that goes into making these. For what it is worth, I think the effort has brought about some very joyous payoff, indeed. Yay.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I think I'm in love...with this ReMix. Funky, 80's breakin' and good, I mean real good electronica that actually sounds downright robotic. Hell, you even nailed the robovoices. And the fadeout ending leads itself well for the 80's feel that you were going for. Damn, few ReMixes make me want to dance, but this is one of those ReMixes that is hard for me to still to while listening to it.

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01181 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Sonik Elektronik"