OCR01183 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "KRool Intentions"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Diddy has messing around far too long, I believe KKR feels it that way too. This remix just steams!

The original was my favorite of the whole game, so now when Pro here made a great mix of it, it´s just marvelous. I am mostly a guy wanting some peace and quiet with some smooth orchestral flowing in my ears, but after a while you needs some action to get something done, Pro has really succeded on that one, this is stuffed with with action, THIS would be a great boss-track. KKR is a fat oversized crocodile with moodchanges, his track should be something that bursts the speakers. The 24th May, Protricity brought that bad guy some justice.

Great strings, guitars, synths, drums, beats and all the other stuffie doo-hickie that makes this mix what it deserves to be. You really are the Pro.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

OH MAN THIS MIX IS JUST AWESOME ON SO MANY LEVELS.

When it starts, you're thinking "oh man sweet orchestral cool i guess", right? Then it builds up, slowly, and THAT SYNTH COMES IN. Gets me every time. And the drums come in and they're all crazy heavy industrial and shit. And then the source comes in, and the rest, as they say, is history.

And don't even get me started on when it transitions to Run, Rambi, Run.

The ONLY problem with this mix is that the first section seems to go on for a good long while. Unlike Birdcussion, though, you don't find yourself going "oh six minutes are over already?" It seems to pass by slower than Birdcussion did. Now, whether or not this is a bad thing is in the eye of the beholder; slower could mean more time spent with a super sexy mix, or it could mean the mix becomes more boring and drawn out.

I really hate myself for saying anything bad about this mix about this mix, though. Because it's awesome, if you didn't catch that already.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh, sweet jesus. This is........whoa.....man. I couldn't even think of a good review to give when I heard this. It was just too much greatness at one time. So much good stuff in one six and a half minute song and it blew me away! I didn't even realize "Run, Rambi, Run" was used for a long time after I heard it until someone mentioned it. And the name is just as cool.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty cool mix, I like the soundscape a lot, and the clever shifts in tone and tempo. The synth guitar actually sounds really good, and fits in well with the rest of the proceedings, and the source is of course excellent.

Some minor production issues are noticable, but the song is so strong it doesn't really matter.

The track is pretty long, but there are always new things going on. Great stuff!

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I think this remix is way better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMTKa-P9rQ

haha that's hilarious. I was giggling like a school girl. I love Proctricity's mix, he's a legend in my eyes. He's the reason I started checking back to OCremix religiously way back when. I also have a special attachment to this song because I listened to it heavily when my ex and I were going off to college.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01183 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "KRool Intentions"
  • 3 months later...

Of all Prot's DKC2 tracks on OCR this one is easily my favorite! The blend of crunchy industrial percussion, dynamic orchestral elements (gotta love those intense string attacks!) and sweet synths is just incredibly hot. The song is almost 7 minutes long, but it always stays fresh and interesting with all the clever transitions and tempo shifts. Especially love the section starting at 3:56 - nothing but pure face-melting awesomeness! I guess this song is now stuck forever in in my head... and in the top-50 of all songs in my player :D Mind-blowing stuff right here!