OCR01984 - Secret of Mana "Step Off My Flower Bed"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

Holy ass. This covers a lot of ground in an irresistably chaotic flurry of nicely selected instruments. You've just got to love the ride this takes you on; you can almost feel the sonic environment blazing by.

You can really hear Nase's talent here, as the approach could easily result in an ugly mishmash collection of instruments. And yet when listening to it, the possibility of that prospect doesn't even come to mind.

I guess what I love most is that it is a constantly evolving, fluid entity that is something distinct every few moments, but still adheres to the same consistent design throughout. It gives us a taste of a whole range of flavours; a musical buffet if you will. Coupled with the insane arrangement, its an extraordinarily good formula. This is one I need to remember for when I get a craving for pure, awesome production bliss.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After listening to every single OC ReMix and conducting a double elimination tournament of my favorite 128 ReMixes, I have decided that this is my absolute favorite on this site. This mix is chaotic and awesome and makes me want to turn up the volume and dance every time I hear it. I can't exactly explain it, but this mix rocks.

• 1 month later...

Ich denke, ich schreibe lieber in englischer Sprache... ^^"

In my opinion, this track is very interesting, but I can't describe why. I think it has something to do with its style. Would You mind to tell me how long you have worked for this special track? It was surely the entire opposite of an easy task, am I right? Anyway, good work, I wished I could as good remixing as You do it! :)

• 1 year later...

The intro is like you're being chased by video game bees or something. Just really frantic and crazy, and then to dive right in to a nice beat-filled high energy funk, pretty sweet. The whole thing gets really crazy at points and never sticks on one direction, which was pretty fun. Interesting and zany ReMix for sure.

• 5 months later...
Ich denke, ich schreibe lieber in englischer Sprache... ^^"

In my opinion, this track is very interesting, but I can't describe why. I think it has something to do with its style. Would You mind to tell me how long you have worked for this special track? It was surely the entire opposite of an easy task, am I right? Anyway, good work, I wished I could as good remixing as You do it! :)

Way late answer, but anyway:

The first 3 minutes or so came down real easy, in a day or two.

I got a bit tired of it then and left it with a rather lame ending.

The rest i added 2 weeks later or so. Really glad i kept working on it. I rarely do much with files that have been lying around for a while, but it was so worth it in this case.

If you wanna do long remixes with a short attention span, you have to break up stuff sometimes :)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01984 - Secret of Mana "Step Off My Flower Bed"