Is there an Expression Controller in FL Studio?

As I research how to improve my orchestration and trying to make things sound more realistic, I keep hearing about an Expression Controller and CC #s.

Is there something like that in FL Studio and how do I use it? Do I need an external something or other for it or is it something I can use like the Automation clip?

Expression control is basically just volume automation. MIDI CC #11 (map it in a MIDI Out channel) is by default linked to volume control so people use that for expression rather than automating their mixer tracks or whatever, which is a lot messier. You can just draw in the automation but some people use pedals, knobs or sliders to control CC#11.

As I research how to improve my orchestration and trying to make things sound more realistic, I keep hearing about an Expression Controller and CC #s.

Is there something like that in FL Studio and how do I use it? Do I need an external something or other for it or is it something I can use like the Automation clip?

For the EW orchestra stuff, you need to link a midi out to the plugin, then assign the CC expression to the midi controller to automate it.

For example:

-Load ewqlso into a channel

-Load an instrument sample into the first slot in ewqlso

-Go to the settings button and assign MIDI IN to port 1

-add a midi out channel

-Set it to port 1, channel 1. any notes you write on the midi out now will control the instrument in slot 1 of ewqlso (this is how you can utilize multiple instruments from a single instance of ewql)

-Right click the a knob on the MIDI out channel

-Name it Mod wheel or expression or whatever you want, set the CC value to 11. This is expression, which controls velocity and timbre on crossfade (dxf) instrument patches. Lets you do smooth crescendos and decrescendo's, etc.

-Highlight the playlist for the length you want to automate the expression (ctrl + drag mouse on measure numbers)

-Right click the midi out knob and click create automation clip

EDIT: curses, foiled again