OCR01184 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Triforce Majeure"

Hmmm... the description says the remix is 7'22" long, but mine goes for 11:10. Is it the same for everyone else?

Yeah, same here. This isn't the first mix that I've had a problem with. "Purple Heart" (Rush'n Attack) had the same problem. The mix does go on for 11:10, but only if you hit the 'Seek' bar on the player. Otherwise it just goes until 7:22, then it just resets back to the beginning. There's some sort of value in the properties of the file that is causing the problem. We should E-Mail DJP and ask him to fix the file on his end. Or ask Disco Dan himself to fix the thing and send it back to DJP to put up.

(By the way, for any mix on this site, if you see on the download button that it says "unavailable" for the track length and "0kbps" for the bit rate, it probably has this problem.)

EDIT: I managed to fix the problem myself. I just used All Editor, selected the song (it displays correctly in the program), and saved the selection to a new file. Problem solved. Still, DJP should put up a fixed version.

GOOD LORD!!! Stop reading this right now and download this remix already, you're wasting precious time you could be spending listening to it!

Um, does ANYONE actually read these comments just to find out which songs to download? I download the songs, and then maybe see if others think the same way I do. :)

And yes, this is a nice track, but won't become any of my favorites.

i like the dark world rendition a lot. i find it hard though having to listen to someone leaving out the minor/major key changes in the light world theme...reminds me of myself trying to figure out the melody some years ago when i wasnt into chords at all ;) of course i know that its intentional, im just not able to like it :P

I believe this is a remix of Hyrule Castle and not the Darkworld Theme. At first I was like hmmm a nice orchestral rendition of hyrule castle. Then when those drums came in I knew it was going to kick my ass. I love how the mix builds up and then just bursts. Awesome remix.

Wow! This is an awesome remix of one of my favorite songs of Zelda 3. I love the thrill Disco Dan added in the remix. The part when you enter the castle with the master sword in hand to face the wizard was easily one of my greatest moments.. especially because of this song wich added a lot of intensity to the experience! Thumbs up to this awesome remix.

This ReMix has to be one of the, if not the best on the site. If your a fan of the old school zelda then you NEED to download this remix. The perfect blend of sounds and sensations that came along with the game are included ten fold in this mix. To make a long story short; There be somethin' wrong wit yer head if ye do not download this mix.

This is a very nice mix, I enjoy it a lot. I think the drums 'n bass could come down during some parts, though. I mean, geeze, the loop goes on forever and it doesn't dip in volume at all, even during the parts when the orchestra is playing soft. Great mix, though. It kicks McVaffe's new Zelda mix's ass! ;)

I came to this board to add to the praise actually, since I haven't heard from DD in awhile and this remix was very well done and kicks ass. But I will go on to say that comments like the last line, while rather rare, are what made me shy away from the community and remixing in general to some extent. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, but simply reiterate that some quick comments do a lot more harm than good.

But back to the point... Awesome remix. DD continues to make great stuff, it's good to have him back around.

-McV

In my opinion, both remixes are fantastic in their separate ways. Why must we always draw contrasts and compare two completely different mixes? Personally, I prefer McVaffe's piece, but again, that's my opinion.

I agree wholeheartedly. They are two distinctly different remixes, by two different remixers with two different styles, and just because they are from the same game does not mean they have to compete. DD and McV (I smell a sitcom...) are both great remixers. Actually, I don't think "great" does them justice. They respectively maintain a firm foothold in my 5 favorite songs. I remember being blown away by Braving Tal Tal Heights, and I remember several mixes by McVaffe making my jaw drop. So, they're both great. Can't we agree to that? Godly as they may seem, there are people behind these names, that put a hell of a lot of effort into doing this. Between the two of them, they have 57 remixes. I think that demands some respect.

Anyhow, with the rant aside, I'll move on to my review. I've read all the way through this thread, and listened to the song 5 times now... and I'm not feeling anything. I can hear the blending, and I can hear the seamless transistions, but the song just isn't working for me. I can't really place what it is, though. Maybe the style just doesn't resonate well with me, but I have to shrug with this one. I guess it's just me, though, since it seems like most of the rest of the community is already erecting a shrine to Majeure.

I'll also just put out there that I personally prefer McVaffe's "The Darkness and the Light." I listened to it once, and kind of phased out, and said, wait a minute, let me listen to that again. So I did. And then I liked it. So I listened to it 19 more times. Probably one of my all-time OCR favorites already. But it's all about personal appeal. It doesn't "Kick DD's mix's ass." This is a community, not a colleseum.

So, in review:

Disco Dan= Excellent

McVaffe= Excellent

Triforce Majeure= Good song

The Darkness and the Light= Doesn't matter, since it's not a contest

That is all.

This is an excellent mix. The orchestral stuff is top-notch, that beautifully goopy synth lead... When it dips out for a while I knew it'd return with some amount of oomph but holy shit when those emphatic strings come back in at 4:14, I shivered. Powerful stuff.

Great work, Disco Dan. I don't much feel like writing up a laundry list of its merits, so I'll just skip to the end and say that this is a great take on a great theme. I still can't believe we got this and McVaffe's new piece of awesomeness on the same day! This has got to be the all-time best update for Zelda fans.

For some reason this song registers as being 15:28 long on my winamp list. (I know DJP stated in his revie wof it how long it was... But I could still hope)

This greatly sadden me when it turned out, it wasn't anywhere near that long. I love this song. :cry:

I'm afraid this mix is a bit too rich for my little brain.

The orchestral parts are f******g excellent! Perfect sounds (especially the strings)

But my favorite part is that daftpunk-like flanged (or whatever) synth @2:15 & @6:00.

The double bass with the drums reminds me of "Art of Noise".

Thanks again, D.D.

Well, unfortunately I never had the privelage of being able to play this game, so I can't really judge how well this remix fits in with the original--but I'll be darned if this incredible mix doesn't make me want to play the game. The orchestral bit just rocks and picks up at several key places, then drops right off again with a continuous beat. It's incredibly well-crafted, overall. Unlike the Halo remixes, I don't have anything to compare this with, but if the music in the original game is even REMOTELY as cool as this is, that fact alone would justify buying it. Very cool piece.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01184 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Triforce Majeure"