OCR01184 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Triforce Majeure"

But I will go on to say that comments like the last line, while rather rare, are what made me shy away from the community and remixing in general to some extent. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, but simply reiterate that some quick comments do a lot more harm than good.

:?

Unfortunate, and certainly understandable. Both songs are stellar in their own respects, and I don't see why such a crude remark needed to be made, even if it was in jest.

...Well, I was going to say...if we get nine fantastic remixes every time we have a design change - by all means, go ahead and remake the site whenever you feel like it, DJP! :wink: As long as I can still download the mixes, I'm fine.

Hot! Extremely satisfying to Zelda fans! And Zelda is my favorite game series.. ever. There is no denying it, you have justified the Zelda spirit tenfold. These Zelda updates have not only made me register, but have made me extremely irritated that the new Zelda game isn't coming out until next year! I have deep longing for my favorite Hyrulian. Eh, my only Hyrulian come to think of it. Hahah, getting sidetracked. Absolutely fabulous! You're my idol, ;-). You get the score infinity/infinity.

I was laying on my bed the other day, just doing some homework, when this song started playing. I just sat there, and i seriously almost started crying. This is possible the greatest remix i've ever heard. Right at the 2:00 mark when it starts in with that synth, and then around 2:19 that next part comes in, then :29!!! I didn't think music could sound soo perfect. Disco Dan has taken a theme from the game that, i must say, wasn't my favorite, and turned it into something amazing, beautiful, incredible. My sincere thanks to you for creating such an amazing remix. Hope to hear more from you soon! Great Job again Disco Dan!

WOW. IS THAT JUST ME, or did we break the awesome-sound barrier on this one? you know, the wall that stops a remix from becoming "godlike"

this is an insane remix. disco dan = beyond quality.

...wow.

...umm its not a 7'22 remix though.

my player says its a 11'10.

Disco Dan is my hero. This song makes me weak in the groin. (vaguely remembers the "Music of my Groin" song) This is the best Zelda song out there, and on my top 5 list. Hm, probably at #2. I'm going to repay you for the love you made to my ears by donating to you my first born.

Goodness me...

I've always loved the combination of modern music (I stray from using the term "techno", as not all electronic music is necessarily "techno") with orchestral instruments, but as I've said before, it's not easy to pull off without making it sound like someone just threw a beat over an orchestral piece.

Well, obviously this is an example of the modern/orchestral mix done right. Everything about this song hits where it should hit. "Epic" is a good way to describe it. "Incredible" is even better. My only complaint is that at times the rhythm that plays through most of the song is a little too loud and overtakes the rest of the music, but I figure this was done on purpose to allude to the orchestral explosion at 4:14. That point would've been a good spot to end the song, but no, Disco Dan goes on to prove his mastery of this track by adding another 3 minutes and 8 seconds of total awesomeness.

Upon giving this mix a second chance, I'm going to rescind my previous comment about this piece, and give it a thumbs up. The beat is a little hard on my ears, and muffles the rest of the track a bit, but otherwise, this is a really well done mix. Clear vision and clean execution. Also, the blending of genres is almost seamless. Well done.

I've enjoyed the fruits of Disco Dan's other work but this takes the cake. I'd always liked the original Hyrule Castle theme but this adds a cool new spin.. begins cautiously and builds nicely to a lively energetic pace that in my mind goes well with me imagining Link creeping through the castle with Zelda avoiding the guards, then the big crescendo at 4:14, wah! Compliments to Disco Dan, keep up the good work mate.

• 2 weeks later...

man, I can't believe how well done this is. this could be my favorite remix of all time at this point, and I admit that my chrono trigger wip (calamitous judgment) was influenced pretty heavily by this. Absolutely MAGNIFICENT orchestration, drums are perfect, structure is flawless.. this is just absurdly good. Disco Dan continues to be one of my favorite remixers.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01184 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Triforce Majeure"