Fallout: New Vegas

Brushfire

Hopefully being done by Obsidian rather than Bethesda will help improve those in New Vegas.
being done by Obsidian
OBSIDIAN

O_O

Am I the only one who remembers a really good RPG getting a sequel made by Obsidian and said sequel sucked in comparison?

On the other hand, I like how sequels are horribly scrutinized as glorified mods and expansions nowadays. Back in the day, I never would have thought that way about games like DKC2, or Mega Man X2, or Sonic 3 & Knuckles, or Super Monkey Ball 2...I'm not saying Fallout New Vegas won't be a glorified mod/expansion, but still, why assume the worst?

Back in the day, I never would have thought that way about games like DKC2, or Mega Man X2, or Sonic 3 & Knuckles, or Super Monkey Ball 2...

Well, back in the day, we didn't have all the fancy digital distribution and DLCs and whatnot and so forth that are around today. If you wanted more content, you had to shell out for a whole new cart/disc/whatever... and if it was just an add-on to a previous game, they at least admitted it and called it an "expansion pack".

Nowadays it's fairly easy to add new content after the game's release (hell, look at all the DLC that Bethesda released for Oblivion and Fallout 3) so people tend to get annoyed when they're hoping for a genuinely new experience out of a sequel and they get a glorified expansion pack instead.

That said, I waited for all the expansions and DLCs and whatnot to be out for Fallout 3 and then bought the Game of the Year edition with all of that shit included, so I'll probably do the same thing for New Vegas.