Newbie introduction + feedback request question

Jetlion

(Hi, I already posted this message 2 days ago in the Community>Help>Newbie introduction thread. I guess my question went unnoticed:lol:, so i take my chance here)

Hello there, Jetlion speaking,:razz:

I’ve been visiting this site for years to listen and donwload lots of great tunes. I always wanted to try doing my own music and only last year i began to put an effort into it. So now here I am, with Cubase 5 on a Mac Book Pro, trying to learn by myself, digging everywhere to find guides and tutorials. By the way, this site and especially Zircon mixing guide is a real gold mine.

Compared to the artists who get their music posted on the main page, i obviously consider myself as a total noob. So, to learn and grow better, i would need feedback from the community here.

Here what i plan to do, and beforehand i would like to ask you if i can do it, if it is not considered rude or anything. See right now I’m working on a little musical piece and i’d like to upload it somewhere here, thus experimented users and musicians here can comment on it and give me pointers about what to improve or change.

Please keep in mind that this in no way is a real remix, it’s not a music i plan to submit to OCremix as it doesn’t respect most of the submission rules. Actually it’s almost a carbon copy of an existing piece (from a videogame of course) that i made as a training ground to familiarize myself with my DAW and the (overwhelming:banghead:) possibilities it offers.

So, is it something I can do? Where exactly should i post it in order to not spam and get feedback?

Thank you for reading and sorry for any kind of grammar or syntax errors, as English is not my native language.

Hope to hear from you soon !

Jetlion

saw your post in newbies, but i didn't realize you were actually asking a question. the point of workshop (and the subforums below it, workshop: remixes and workshop: others) is to post stuff you're working on. just throw it in one of those subforums. if it's music from a videogame, put it in remixes. if it's an original work, post it in other.