OCR01186 - Revenge of Shinobi "Consent (Make Me Dance)"

Damn, catchy. Toe tapping, good all around. Guitars are especially well applied here. And yes, the bassline is kickass in all respects.

Inspirational speech by djp, by the way. Not sure what it's gonna inspire anyone to do, but...inspirational.

Well, the night of mixes, as I think i'll call it, is now over for me. Make a CD, set it on repeat, and get some sleep. Good night, if anyone's still awake.

Damn, I've been waiting a while for the next mix by DJP!! This one definitely doesn't disappoint; very high quality all around. In fact, it's quickly becoming my favorite DJP mix, which says a lot! Totally groovin' shiznit. It almost sounds like Steely Dan mixed with the Toejam and Earl sountrack mixing a Shinobi song. Excellent! To quote an unfortunate ad campaign, "i'm lovin' it"!

Also, thanks for posting the rest of the awesome mixes tonight, the awesome site resign, and for creating this awesome site to begin with! Awesomeness!

Man, it's about time.

Been looking forward to a new DJP mix, and I've been looking forward to this one since learning about it when I met DJP.

Great redesign, great tune, great times, man.

Just one thing, make sure your next mix isn't so far apart!

I knew from the moment I heard the music start I was gonna have to get up and dance around in my room(there's a scary thought seeing as I'm a poor ol white fella wit no riddum).

Mr. Llyod, the wait for your next remix was worth it. Your style has no doubt matured in ways that others can hope to. Thumbs up from me. Good stuff. Funkadacious(wait, is that even a word?... NO?.. is now. :) )

Ok. Woah. Gotta say, this has Real Ultimate Power, much like 8-Bit Kamikaze, as said by DJP himself. Very good and INCREDIBLY funky.

Not that a white guy would know completely, but it sounds funky. So there. Good job, Pretzel!

"PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC WHITE BOY!" Okay, maybe not. But this remix is definitly funky and tripped out. I'm feeling every second of it and the funk just doesn't stop. The electronic sounds are nice and the quality is excellent. While its not a dance/techno, or disco style of music, it'll have you moving like you got a little MJ(Michael Jackson) in ya'. I bet Yuzo Koshiro didn't expect this. If it wasn't known before, we all know now that DJPretzel feels the funk, and he likes it.

DJP with the sweetness. I've gotta tell you i have a WIP with the same game. (dif. song) You're is sick tho. very very bouncey. 1:28. love that organ tech. 1:45 has that awesome front, but i really like the bassy guitar with the fast triplet-two line. cool ending solo with the fade, its nice not having a dissappointing ending to that great piece.

Just got one bone to pick with you here: the bassline.

I dunno, but a good sub-woofer-shakin bassline would have been better than that funky-acid line of a bass. I dunno, just too much lo-mid harmonics on that bass just grated me and didn't offer any good bassy decency to make me feel good.

The word 'funky' isn't funky enough to describe this song. Maybe if we George Clintoned it. 'Funkadillyatic'. There we go.

I like it. A lot. A lot better than the other two DJP Revenge mixes. It's very catchy and flows so well. And DJP has always used the highest quality sounds. Nothing sounds fake, it all sounds so professional.

Anyway, I'm not good at expounding on my like of songs so I'll just end with: Hey DJP! "You. Could. Make. Me. Dance."

This remix rocks. Funky, quirky (I dig that whistling-ish effect), and full of Shinobi.

The only issue I'd bring up... there's always an issue to be found anywhere, everywhere... is the bass, like Xelebes mentioned. I would've liked a heavier, thumping sound too, but I suppose You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Mmm - interestingly enough, I suppose, for me personally the bassline is one of elements that I'm 100% sure about and wouldn't have wanted any other way. The nature of the bassline is such that it needs enough edge to reach into the midrange, as it's playing sort of a dual role. Or at least, that was the intention.

A lot better than the other two DJP Revenge mixes.

8O

I loved "DaFactoryFunk", so shut the f... up... (just kidding)! :lol:

But I agree, this mix sounds very good, too. I'd love to see DJPretzel make a mix of "The Shinobi" or a cool track of the "Shinobi III" soundtrack...

... is the bass, like Xelebes mentioned. I would've liked a heavier, thumping sound too, but I suppose You Can't Always Get What You Want.

I'm afraid I have to agree with that. This mix is awesome, but I, too, love those loud, heavy hard drums...

... sure it's a matter of taste :roll:. That way the song sounds more "easy", which is nice, too. But a kicking heavy drum would've been nice, too...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Omg this is like T H E Remix. When the intro starts my world collapses and im forever trapped in the incredible(!!) beat! Dont really know what to say but .. omg. djpretzel sure knows how to shake some serious ass. Keep it up man !

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01186 - Revenge of Shinobi "Consent (Make Me Dance)"