OCR01985 - Xenogears "Echoes"

djpretzel

I really enjoyed the original track in the game. I thought it was airy and lonely and fit the setting perfectly. This remix definitely sticks with the same theme for me. I enjoyed it on Humans+Gears and it's one of my favorite pieces between the two CDs.

The style kind of reminds me of some of the tracks in The Journeyman Project which is really awesome

I love how, from a general quality standpoint, Fishy's remixes from 3 years ago are almost indistinguishable from his new mixes. That's not meant to slight his new work, which is extremely good, but rather to compliment the timeless quality of his work :-)

This is a rather simple arrangement but it's very cohesive and an appropriate take on the source material. The whole thing can be described as very tasteful. Nice work! :-D

This is a pretty cool mix.

Sound like UFO meets dream theater.

Lots of really nice touches here, and a somewhat dreamlike soundscape. Pretty awesome stuff right here... altho i'm not sure the lead guitar tone is quite right, you have a really nice mellow soundscape with lots of room to breath until that lead comes in. It sounds a little too upfront and almost interferes with the lush soundscape you have, particularly when they harmonize... I think the chorus on the guitar might have something to do with it.

Anyway, thats a minor gripe on a solid mix that keeps interest for 5 and a half minutes. Nice work

:nicework:

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure why I haven't commented on this one - it's probably one of my favorite guitar pieces if not my favorite.

I love those drums; they're fun to play for sure.

I never heard the source before this; to be honest, I didn't even know Xenogears existed before this mix. Went to download the album after I learned it was part of an album and absolutely loved it!

Anyways about the mix, I always preferred this one on a late night drive. Really, just anywhere dark period. It's a very moody mixes and I can very easily get entranced by it.

Awesome job, Fishy! Easily my favorite from you! Or at least tied with Beneath the Canopy if anything.

• 1 year later...

Smooth and clean, that's really what comes to mind on this one for me. The guitar work is fantastic and the melody really flows with the drum beat. It's hard to describe, but it feels right and it's pretty good at keeping attention.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01985 - Xenogears "Echoes"