OCR01187 - Mega Man 2 "When You See the Flash Man, Duck and Cover"

Kicking.

The arrangement is just delicious. I´m really lovin´ the strings here. And the orchestral stuff is EXCELLENT in general. This is a great great mix.

This is a very common theme and I´ve heard a million versions of it, but the orchestral deliciousness makes this truly a unique piece. And I just keep praising the orchestrals, while the electronix stuff is CRISPY as hell also. Excellent. And excellent variation with the main melody on the orchestral instruments.. GGREAT! Its like the melody is suited to work better with orchestral instruments. And hell IT WORKS better.

My only grudge really are the main leadsynths.. (and its just a small, very very small grudge) Nothing wrong with them but they´re maybe just too... BASIC. Although there is some great variation in them, and they sound very good. For some reason still they don´t do the trick for me. But it doesn´t matter cause the emphasis is not on them anyway..

All I can say really is.. VERY VERY VERY GOOD STUFF!

4/5

OK first things first... I AM SO FLOORED!

My first reaction seeing a new mix today was "Sweet, Mega Man! Oh, another flash man mix... *sigh*". But open this tune up in yo playerz, ladies and gents, this track lights it up.

Anyone reminded of the opera from 5th Element? Well that was kick ass and so is this! Love the sound, excellent variety, Salzman 4 Prez, I'm gonna go listen to it again peace!

Ooh, a nice new Flash Man remix. You know what I call this mix? I'm-a call it GetEquippedWithFigureBlade. Because that's what the organ reminds me of, an old school figureskating routine. It even echoes (at least for me) like that.

What's weird (in a good way!) is how it starts really mechanized, and always has the electronic feel underneath, but still brings that aforementioned image up front with that sweet sweet skating organ, and the transitions back and forth between strings and organ and accompaniment are never...messed up, for lack of a better phrase.

Did I mention I like the organ? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this sooner. Like all Star Salzman remixes, this thing just oozes, nay, reeks quality. The drums are awesome, but the opening is what really gets me. It sounds so synthetic, yet so right at the same time. And then it gets reintroduced later on. Awesome stuff.

Star Salzman >> j00

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01187 - Mega Man 2 "When You See the Flash Man, Duck and Cover"