Turned Based RPGs

atmuh

Would
count..? Never played any of them before so...

The thing about Monster Hunter is that you NEED to have people to play with or you're not going to get 100% out of the game. A compatible wifi dongle and Xlink Kai solves that problem, though. Oh, and if you're going to go with MH, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the latest version.

PSP RPGs.. no mention of Crisis Core? My standards for RPGs are incredibly high these days but CC was one of the best, most engrossing games I've played in a long time. Genuinely emotional story and KICK ASS music too.

That game is pretty much a given :P

Thanks for the recommendations. Definitely gonna check them out. Would love some non turn based recommendations as well :)

Surprisingly I forgot to mention the Persona PSP edition. :banghead:

Mana Khemia and I so far are not getting along so well...

What troubling you there?

Edit: I just read your message so yeah...

Okay on the menu screen where you see ur stats you'll see an option called a "Grow Book", open that and you'll see the system on how they "level up" so to speak. Press Triangle Button to open it up if I'm recalling it correctly. (I actually would remember more if I was playing it right now but it was either triangle button or select)

I did say one will rage about how that's done, but as you get used to it you'll feel comfortable soon enough.

Surprisingly I forgot to mention the Persona PSP edition. :banghead:

What troubling you there?

Edit: I just read your message so yeah...

Okay on the menu screen where you see ur stats you'll see an option called a "Grow Book", open that and you'll see the system on how they "level up" so to speak. Press Triangle Button to open it up if I'm recalling it correctly. (I actually would remember more if I was playing it right now but it was either triangle button or select)

I did say one will rage about how that's done, but as you get used to it you'll feel comfortable soon enough.

D:

It takes ff10's leveling system and makes it more convoluted than it needs to be.

Farming reagents is going to be a serious pain in the ass.

And a question about synthing. What is that wheel about? I think I am supposed to match the color with what the reagent I am using *Carrot with green,* but I could be totally wrong.

D:

It takes ff10's leveling system and makes it more convoluted than it needs to be.

Farming reagents is going to be a serious pain in the ass.

And a question about synthing. What is that wheel about? I think I am supposed to match the color with what the reagent I am using *Carrot with green,* but I could be totally wrong.

I actually found it rather simple really :lol: but in any rate.

Farming reagents are not necessarily bad or, even necessary to a degree, Often times if you pretty much go after everything that moves and can be cut quickly you usually gather enough in one trip alone to do the basic necessities. You can eventually have members of your party do gathering on a daily basis once you are taught about a task sheet no one tells you about. :lol: I may make it sound complicated but it's easy...

As for the wheel, I refer to it as an elemental wheel as it can determine the quality of the item used during synthesis. Sometimes you want to reinforce an item with a certain element and sometimes you want to "weaken" an item to give certain properties to a finished product. For example anything that refers to explosive or fire based properties I would have it land on the fire element to strengthen it. Other times I would select the other elements on the wheel to weaken to simply change it altogether. Just experiment with it and you'd be surprised in what properties may appear for the finished product.

I've had two replicas of one weapon but both provided different uses. One gave stronger attack power but also a boost spell, the other was not as powerful for physical combat but have a very strong offensive spell simply based on the properties of the items I used.

Oh yeah I have recommended you to try getting the best scores on assignments, that way you can try out the "jobs" available during "free time" which often send you out to either find items or kill bounties that would not only reward you cash but sometimes special items or recipes early on in the game. After that, if you decide to, you can strengthen the bonds between party members to another important purpose.

all in one "week". :lol:

I just realized I forgot to explain the elements on that wheel

Red = Fire

Blue = Water

Yellow = Earth

Green = Wind

Grey = neutral/metal(?) [i believe it means no element/neutral rather than metal]

Also for certain items, if you switch out the first or second ingredient for another one, it can sometimes cause a totally new item to be possibly made.

Old school indeed. :lol:

Was it just me or didn't Persona: Revelations on the PS1 felt more ominous compared to its remake counterpart..? If not that, there's this late 80's/early 90's feeling to it.

For example the seemingly ominous/80's feeling I'm referring to here

Back then -->

and now -->

it's definitely the soundtrack

if you read the insert for the OST, the composer wanted to make it feel more like P3

I'm not entirely sure that I agree with that decision.

it's definitely the soundtrack

if you read the insert for the OST, the composer wanted to make it feel more like P3

I'm not entirely sure that I agree with that decision.

I missed that ominous/80's feeling...

:sad:

Seriously I missed that horrific feeling of the ambiance that was in Persona: Revelations.

Another example

for those that don't quite get what I mean.