OCR01188 - Mario Kart 64 "Rainbow Snowland"

Can´t help to get a little grumpy. Four remixes from MK64, and there´s only two tracks remixed. WHY?!

For this one, I´m a sucker for piano, so this is earcandy fer me. Very nice play, not a masterfully piano show where the pianist pushes as many keys as possible during the limited time(nothing wrong with that kLuTz), this was actually a calm and thoughtful pianoremix, like if it´s a movie, the main character sits on a stone and tries to remember why´s he´s still alive/ how his childhood memories was/ wondering hy only two tracks are remixed from MK64. Stuff like that.

Very careful work from one of my favorite pianolayers. Nice work Dhsu.

Dhsu could do that easily.

Yeah I know. Then there´s also Pacaud, Jayson and other pianoremixers that´s absolutely excellent.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Most of Dhsu's stuff could put me to sleep if I let it, including this gem. If the other Mario Kart ReMixes on my playlist bring back memories of high-energy racing competitions between my sisters and I, this one reminds me of those times when I played by myself and just explored the courses, roaming around and staring in awe at the breathtaking vistas...

...Okay, so I didn't get out much as a kid.

Great arrangement nonetheless.

• 1 month later...

Proof that piano can extract emotion out of anything. Two of the most peppiest melodies from MK64 modified into something warming, touching, soothing and reflective.

Elaborate piano mixes are awesome, but there is always a great need for mixes that simply change an arrangement in such a way that you also change the way you feel about the source tune. I have thousands of memories with MK64, but this mix really allows me to focus on the deeper moments: bonding with friends and siblings, the wins, the losses, the days of the N64 and how they will never return.

Almost chokes me up. Piano can extract emotion out of anything, including me.

• 10 months later...

Definitely not what i'd expect from a Mario Kart track. Generally they are super peppy and pretty vanilla sounding synth affairs, but this really puts some thought and weight into the source. Production is clear and the piano sounds really nice, with some great chord structure added into the track. Excellent rubato gives this a lot of emotion, and really, this is a fantastic snow-evoking piece. I'm really impressed, and if you are in a more relaxed mindset, this is just what the doctor ordered.

Recommended. :-)

• 5 weeks later...

Lol, this is definitely my kind of mix, emotive and weighty. Oddly, I don't feel this as being specifically atmospheric. It also balances precariously between making the listener be an active one or a passive one. There's enough texture here and change in dynamics to make this a pleasant listen, but like as has been mentioned this is sleep inducing. It has a very tidal, natural rhythm to it and an amazingly overpowering peaceful feeling inducing property. This is the kind of complexity I like in the track, and this is so worth listening to.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It's as if these two songs had died, and then Dshu breaths new life into them, forming them into one celestial being whose purpose is to spread peace and harmony throughout a sad world.

Brilliant piano work here. Almost inspires me to learn how to play the piano so I can recreate it. Among my more favourite piano tracks on this site. You captured the beauty of the two courses which this was taken off (Sherbet Land, Ranbow Road) and put that into music form. Bravo

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01188 - Mario Kart 64 "Rainbow Snowland"
  • 6 years later...