Let's get OCR to do Sonic 4's music!

DarkeSword

It's a fun idea but they definitely already have ideas and themes they want to go with for this series - it seems a little late in the running to be thinking about pushing for this. And plus, I mean, as cool as the notoriety would be for OCR to do it, I want to hear what Sega themselves are going to do! I want to know how they plan to evolve the old style of Sonic tunes (as opposed to the style they've used in recent games). I do like the idea someone put forward of making some kinda alternate soundtrack though!

Incidentally, here's something from a recent Gamespot interview:

GS: What can we expect from the music? Will it sound like the old Sonic games?

KB: It will sound like a modern evolution from the original series. Expect to hear very familiar tempos and styles of music that resonates with 16-bit games.

Damn, I'd love it if OCR did this game's music, ya'll've made such great sonic-themed songs in the past. And besides, I don't trust Sega to make their own music after hearing the horrendous desert-themed song on my brother's DS game, Sonic Rush. I don't know if all of that game's music was as bad as that one, but I'm afraid to find out, my ears might try to kill me lol.

omg 8O

YES!

Actually, I was wondering recently that, since OCR has already covered Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles with a Sonic 1 project on the way, if there'd be an eventual Sonic 4 project, but this would be infinitely better. :<

OLR already beat OCR to the Sonic punch with their uncredited E Rank theme on Sonic Unleashed. No shame in second place though.

HAHAHAHA! I LOVE this. This is greatest thing I've ever heard in game music ever, and we need to stop music'ing, period, now that I've heard this. :lol:

But seriously, someone make an OC ReMix of that!

(For anyone not getting the OLR reference, Solo's just saying it's pure OLR style, that track. And it is. It's truckalicious. :-D)

I'm committed elsewhere in the Artwork department. I've taken my Blaster Master idea for the Fan Art competition and I'm gonna go a lot further with it. (School is holding a major contest for first year students big cash prizes for the finalists) HOWEVER!

Graphics is something i may be capable of doing. I don't know where this is going or how long it will last. I'll update at the end of the month. In all honesty we have some big time names now that are major players on the game music stage. Mass Effect 2 has proven that. Pixie, Kate, and others have given a strong vocal presence. OCR is going stronger than ever into this year and this is only one more step to becoming something most cant possibly imagine.

I've lurked around here for a good long time now i hope to be able to contribute in my own ways when i can. I'm not musically inclined, but i sure as hell appreciate this site and everything its done. The vast majority of my music is OCR. I intend to keep it that way.

OCR for Sonic 4!!