Let's get OCR to do Sonic 4's music!

DarkeSword

I fully support this effort. I'm posting it where it can be seen by all, both on my own Facebook account as well as ThaSauce Network's fan page, which you can find here: http://www.facebook.com/thasauce.net?ref=mf

Honestly, with the kind of talent that's right here on OCR and throughout the community, I don't see any reason that it shouldn't be tapped more often. I think it's a testament to the fact that video game music is not just the ambient beats behind the games themselves, but also its own unique genre composed of all types of music, whether it's country, rock, metal, blues, r&b and everything in between.

has djp contacted Sega regarding this?

Well, no. This campaign is mainly for fun. To be honest, the only thing we're really trying to to is get noticed and generate interest so that maybe Sega will take notice and say "ha! these guys are pretty good! and they got balls!". It's a fun way to make people aware of OCR and Sonic music. The chances of us actually doing the music for Sonic 4 Episode 1 are slim-to-none, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun drumming up support. :)

Well, no. This campaign is mainly for fun. To be honest, the only thing we're really trying to to is get noticed and generate interest so that maybe Sega will take notice and say "ha! these guys are pretty good! and they got balls!". It's a fun way to make people aware of OCR and Sonic music. The chances of us actually doing the music for Sonic 4 Episode 1 are slim-to-none, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun drumming up support. :)

Tell that to my starving kids, you John Quincy Adams! Who are you to resist it, huh? Come on, my last paycheck bounced! My children need wine!

The chances of us actually doing the music for Sonic 4 Episode 1 are slim-to-none

So that means we're gathering support now so we can do later episodes? Seems like something to think about, judging on how much attention this gathers.

Also, don't believe the lies; OverLooked totally did that track. We just pulled a Michael Jackson and didn't put our names on it :D

Maybe we could lobby for a track in the soundtrack CD?

MJ pulled his name because of the low quality of the music

likewise, OLR pulled its name from the project due to a disagreement with sega over the use of kazoos.

Oh, I thought Sega pulled his name out because of the scandal (not aware of what happened first, Sonic 3 or the scandal)

Anyways, I'd totally wanna participate on this project (if it ever actually happened)