OCR01986 - Mega Man 2 "Cold Metal"

djpretzel

Willrock? More like Willsuck!

okay then. Really, I'm not digging the opening synth choice - I dunno why, it just sounds MIDI-ish to me. But past that I really like your arrangement, a lot of the sounds remind me of AnSo's older stuff, which is good :-)

It's somewhat hard to go back to these songs because of how much your arrangement/production/sound quality has improved in the last few months, but at the same time I enjoy hearing Will in all his unadulterated cheesy-synthy glory like this from time to time.

This is a good listen, but wait until you guys hear what he's got coming up in the pipeline! :-D

okay then. Really, I'm not digging the opening synth choice - I dunno why, it just sounds MIDI-ish to me.

Too each his own, but I feel exactly the opposite way... the cheesy lofi synth sounds perfect to me. Love this kind of stuff, and you don't hear it too often anymore.

I can see how those sounds might not appeal to some people though.

Well, fancy this being posted now.... ironic.

Well, this isn't my best mix... I got alot of better stuff on the way imo, still great to see that you guys are enjoying it :D

Also, funny fact.

Zircon noted the fact of no filtering or vibrato on the lead synths... this is because I didn't know how to do it on thor, it was the first remix I used that synth in :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Blah. For all the mix names I came up for this, I called this Cold Metal? Jeezzzzzzzzzzzz.

Anyway, crappy name aside, this was an attempt to get myself out of a dreaded writers block that stopped me doing anything music related for 2 months. 2 MONTHS!

As a result, you can call it stale, you can call it not stale, you can call it bland (or not)... ;P - but without this mix, I probably wouldn't have made some of the mixes that came after it. Also, this was the first mix I made Reason 4 in, which meant a host of new sounds, which gave this a more techno vibe than my other mixes do to the sound choices. This was a rather interesting mix as far as style goes, but I was still learning the ropes with reason 4 and thus this was lacking in some minor polish BUT DON'T WORRY IT DIDN'T AFFECT THE END PROJECT. much.

Anyways, this was one of my more ambitious mixes style wise that was a first for me mixing mega man (which is now common practice) using Reason 4 (which is now common practice) and starting remixing again (which is now common practice).

Pretty important stuff mix wise. And the judges were just asking me to do something left field. Next time I'll do a mix, consisting, of one triangle. And get it passed the panel. somehow :roll:

• 1 year later...

I don't think the synth lead sounds bad, maybe just a bit out of the ordinary. I mean, I liked it, because it was a bit different and unique and gave a bit of an electroniRock thing going, but I can see why some wouldn't like it. Still, the arrangement is solid, and the melody and beat seems to tie most of it together. I guess if one can get past the synth, it'd be great, but otherwise, a decent ReMix at least. Good stuff.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01986 - Mega Man 2 "Cold Metal"