OCR01189 - Beyond Good & Evil "Frame of Mind"

Thanks watkinzez.

But honestly though, there has got to be another collaboration for another remix for this game.

If Aurora, Destructo, and SGX can come together and do some other work, get those inspiration juices flowing again...

I might just create another MV :D .

Thank you fellas for that wonderful song and work you did. Brought tears to eyes and touched the hearts and souls of alot of folks across the globe.

• 2 weeks later...

That's another classic to add to the list SGX. Thank you!

Frame of Mind, an instant classic and a necessary addition to the music art collection.

This is JerichoWilks by the way and I got a private message but somehow, I'm unable to get to it because of the forum update thing.

If you or someone else sent me a PM, please send again to this account please.

I've got the Reason project file here if anyone wants to look at it: http://www.supergreenx.com/rns/Frame%20of%20Mind.rps

Vocals, some EQing and compression were done outside of reason, so this file is not totally complete.

Man oh man this song is real good. BTW I've baught two of your albums so far in your site for electronica music. There really good :D. Maybe you should try to get the attention of a recording company and make some big bucks. Well, unless you don't like to sell yourself out, which I respect if you feel that way. Any hoo, well done with the song :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I don't know about you all, but I hear a bit of Chrono Trigger in here, I always did. When I first listened to this, I could have sworn after hearing that one part which starts at 5:04 in the song and goes about till 4:53, I thought it was a Chrono Trigger remix. Checking the title again, I found out it wasn't.

Besides that small piece, the remix itself is okay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I listen to this song whenever I see it on the cpu or ipod (^haha) and I love it. The atmosphere throughout the whole song is so...so...I have no words to describe it. I'm thinking of renting this one to try it out. I already have the soundtrack, which is beautiful. This song is, as well, beautiful. I loved the tracks being emulated here, and I think it was very professionally done, putting them together. Also, Aurora's voice added a hauntingly beautiful effect here.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Every so often I'll replay BG&E and realize that I've COMPLETELY forgotten the entire game! Which is great because then its a new experience all over again (score one for a bad memory).

One thing I always remember though is the soundtrack. The songs were well composed, and titled with a sense of humor.

This song could EASILY fit in with the soundtrack for the game, and then some! Im making sure this ends up on my music list for all time. Thanks for a great listen!

• 3 months later...

This evokes an interesting atmosphere. The first part is reminiscent of some arid, "the world has moved on" type place, not quite a Sahara-esque place with unbearable heat, but just some dry dusty depot and this is how daily life runs. The atmosphere feels more desolate than strictly dark, but most of all this mix feels honest, telling realty as it is.

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaah.... this now jogged my memory of nighttime in Hyrule field in Twilight Princess except a little more industrial. :shock:

Needless to say, this is an awesome track. :razz:

• 8 months later...

This remix is incredibly deep- between the textures, reverbs, and delays, it creates a enveloping sound that is very compelling. The overal lack of percussion makes this whole piece feel very timeless, and the vocals are absolutely stunning.

Some of the samples are slightly weaker, specifically some of the more exposed strings, but, taken as a whole, the whole track is very serene, and still feels 'right'. I'd love to hear this performed with a live ensemble, as I think it would feel even more emotional, but I certainly won't turn my nose up to this mix. Fantastic work.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01189 - Beyond Good & Evil "Frame of Mind"
  • 2 years later...

This has to be one of my all time favorite remixes on OCR. I listened to it quite a lot between 2005 and 2009, especially after my girlfriend broke up with me. The emotion and the tension just make for a perfect wallow-in-your-sadness session. More to the point: I love the vocals and all the different directions the piece goes in terms of instruments and effects. Its just a very enjoyable listening experience!

I think I actually heard the remix before I played the game. When I first heard the track with the vocal stuff in the actual game I was like: 0_0; "Dude, that's that remix I love!" Definitely one to keep holding on to.